<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's been busy, busy, busy. And even though it's a public holiday tomorrow, I've been rostered for work. Not fair! At least I'll get double pay.

I've been studying feverishly for my theory test in driving because I'm transferring my license. I'm not taking any chances this time, remembering how I failed at least three times the last time, because I couldn't be bothered to study. This time, I have to nail at the first time. I have to. Then I'll do a couple of hours of practice driving, get someone to teach me how to parallel park (because I never do that) and then sit my practical test and finally, I will be able to drive over here! At last. My mother's agreed to give me a loan on getting a car, so once I get my license, I'll get my car and then there will be no more endless hours waiting for buses and trains, sitting on buses and trains, looking up buses and train times. No more public transport! Hooray!!!

So, I've been trying to eat more healthily. Last week, I had the brilliant idea of making salads every day of olives, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, feta cheese, roast chicken (by buying a whole roast chicken from the supermarket, easy-peasy) and marinated artichokes. It was really yummy, if not rather oily, since most of these are marinated pre-packaged stuff and it also turned out to be rather expensive. The whole point of preparing home-cooked food for work was to save money and eat more healthily, but it turned out to be pretty pricey stuff. No more of this salad for a while. Back to the frozen vegetables and a roast chicken for a week thing, unless I can bother to come up with something exciting and cheap. At least, I've managed to stick with my new weekly budget, just barely. I have five dollars to spare from this week!

This week has hardly been memorable. Things just went wrong for me at work. Minor stuff, but enough to make me wish I had just stayed at home. Destressed with a bottle of sparkling wine at the Gutter Philosopher's on Friday, ended up drinking almost three quarters of the bottle (Niv had a glass and a half with me, but then she had to go for a romantic weekend with the bf and the Gutter Philosopher wasn't drinking, sparkling wine being not manly enough for him). Apparently, I was a real pain in the ass to him when I was drunk but I didn't really remember this the next morning when I woke up with a headache. It was worth it though. I really needed to de-stress. The rest of the weekend was spent mostly at home, other than some yummy gin and tonics on Saturday afternoon at K's place, because, as mentioned earlier, I am doing my best to stick to my budget. No more buying unnecessary goods for a while.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?