<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Saturday, July 07, 2007

Training Days

Today was induction day for volunteers at the art gallery for the Egyptian exhibition. All this training ... first I had to train the new guy to take my old job, then today's training for my volunteer work, and finally next week I will have five days of training for my new job! I really hope all goes well ...

But today was pretty exciting. There were four of us girls and we were all excited at being able to work at the art gallery. My first day begins this week, actually, on Sunday. I was a bit surprised that I was starting so fast, as the exhibition isn't up yet, but I guess they wanted us all to come in and familiarize ourselves while it's still quiet. Don't expect there to be much happening this week, though, as they haven't got much happening at the gallery at the moment, they're mostly busy with getting ready for the Egyptian exhibition. But that's good too cuz I get the chance to settle in before things start getting crazy. This exhibition looks set to be a big thing and weekends are sure to be really busy.

This here below is going to be part of the exhibition: apparently, they are the Ushabti troupe of Nefer-ib-Ra-em-heb'faience and the photo is by Georges Poncet of the Louvre. It kind of reminds me of the terracotta soldiers of China. I can't wait to be able to see it in real life. And also the mummified cat - yes, there is a mummified cat! But it is mainly the cat's mummified remains wrapped in painted linen and looks more like a stuffed cat toy than anything else, which perhaps is a good thing, because I have seen dead cats on the streets and those are not a pretty sight.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?