<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, July 09, 2007

It's the start of a new week and the start of my first day on my new job!

It wasn't too bad, as first days go. Everytime I start something new I think about all those stories and movies about people who have extremely bad first days - they get splashed with rainwater and mud before they even make it to the office, realize their supervisor is the very same grouch they had a run-in with the day before and had cursed most eloquently and then proceed to wreck the printer, trip over in front of a board meeting full of sophisticated disdainful aloof co-workers who don't bother to help them up, spill coffee over rain-water-stained clothes, ruin a few important projects and finally humiliate themselves in front of the hot guy at work.

But, luckily and happily, my first days have never been like that before! In fact, today was pretty good. My training buddy, who's supposed to show me the ins and outs of the workplace, turned out to be an ex-uni-classmate. Never mind that I didn't recognize him at first and that we barely spoke a word to one another the whole time we were at uni, it was nice to have a friendly, slightly familiar face (hey, people can look very different with a new hairstyle). And the boss and everyone else seems pretty nice too.

And it wasn't really hectic or anything for a first day; mainly they just kept throwing introductory welcome-to-the-team info at me, which kind of went into overload and left me dazed for the rest of the day. Things like occupational safety and health and company values, that sort of thing. Basic stuff.

So, the first day is over and we are on to the second day tomorrow! Wish me luck. Ooh, and thanks to everyone who wished me luck on my first day, really appreciated that!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?