<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, July 02, 2007

Easy Peasy Sandwich Recipe
This was basically what I ate most of last week before the Gutter Philosopher came home bearing macadamia chocolates and making me his gorgeous gamey steak. But what I made was pretty good too, if I say so myself, and is one of my scrumptious but extremely simple recipes, because you all know I can't really be bothered with cooking.

It's basically, take a baguette/bagel/long bun and slice it in the middle like you would a hot dog bun. Then stuff it with slices of tomatoes and brie cheese, some pre-cooked shrimp, then spread on some pesto and sprinkle some pepper and salt before toasting in an oven until cheese has melted and the bread is nice and toasty and crisp. So easy. I got the inspiration from a recipe in the early archives of StyleBytes. Her recipe was basically the same except she also had butter on hers. I didn't put any butter but I added on the shrimp. :)

Also, like StyleBytes, my picture of the sandwich, as you can see below, doesn't look that great but trust me, it was yummy. The Gutter Philosopher scowled and told me the recipe was weird and looked at the sandwich with obvious distrust but he ate every bite and conceded it was pretty good. If anything gets his vote, it's definitely edible! I vote that this be served with chips (thick fries like those that you get with your club sandwiches, not potato chips or thin french fries) and salad. Mmmm. Also, if you don't like shrimp, you can always substitute with steak pieces or chicken or ham or bacon or if you're a vegetarian, um, well, just do without the shrimp or meat.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?