<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, July 09, 2007

But here I am talking about my first day of the week and I hadn't even talked about the weekend! Saturday had been really bright and sunny and a barbeque was planned which did not take off until the sun was almost gone, but still it was great. We also watched Stranger than Fiction, which is just like Prime, that movie starring Uma Thurman - promises lots of funny scenes in the trailer but is actually more of a sad, thoughtful movie than a comedy. Now, I like sad, thoughtful movies just as much as anyone but not when I was hoping for a comedy. When you're in a comedy mood, you just can't get into a sad, thoughtful movie kind of mood.

Oooh and Sunday was also another first for me as I began my first day of volunteer work at the art gallery. Like I said, it was mainly work as a glorified coat and bag check girl but it was still fun, because I got to hang out behind the main desk, watch them set up the Egyptian exhibition and hear about the sorts of nutters they get in the gallery.

And then it was raining and I went to the Gutter Philosopher's friend's apartment and watch said friend's wife gut a huge red snapper. It was actually kind of horrifying to see her go to work on it with a knife and the poor thing with its glassy eyes plus the smell of the raw fish filling up the apartment and me on my second glass of red wine, let's just say I had to step out to the small balcony for a breath of fresh air before I passed out.

But it was delicious fish, though, once it had been seasoned with, um, well I forgot what it was seasoned with but there was cumin. And then grilled and served with rice and mango chutney (which was hell awesome). Then the Gutter Philosopher and his friend got drunk and decided to sing Charlotte the Harlot at the top of their voices in a booming neighborhood serenade.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?