<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, June 28, 2007

My sister came over the other night and helped me take some really nice pictures of the jewelry that I had made. I've already shown pictures of some of the jewelry but she is a much better photographer than I am so here and taught me some tricks about takig pics of stills and accessories so hopefully I wll be taking better pictures soon. A good trick she showed me when taking pics of jewelry is to put the jewelry against a white background in plenty of good lighting - try putting the jewelry on white A4-sized paper if you don't have any white backgrounds available and take pictures in daytime (morning light is best, I find). We also draped the coin bracelet I made over a perfume bottle and the result is really cool and fashion-y. So here are the pictures below: enjoy!



Above are the chinoiserie earrings I made my sister, taken in a much more flattering shot here.



And this is the coin bracelet that I made. I really wanted a coin bracelet and some coin jewelry, you know, something very ancient Roman-like although as you can see here I could only find Chinese and English psuedo coin charms. I wasn't too sure about it after I made it, though, but the more I wear it the more I like it. It's a good thing I can slip it over my hand because I didn't realize until after I made it that it was really hard to do the clasp without someone helping. That's one thing to always keep in mind while making jewelry.



This is another picture of the coin bracelet, draped over the Davidoff Echo perfume that Sheryl got for me last year for my birthday pressie.



And once again, here is another picture of my dragon earrings, or in this case, one of the earrings.



Here is the turquoise bracelet that I made for my sister out of turquoise beads and pale green crystals. The heart-shaped toggle clasp is really cute but I'm not too sure about it as I have a feeling it's really easy to undo by itself while you're wearing it.



This bracelet of white turquoise beads and small transparent glass beads is as yet unfinished because we need more beads for it. I'll wait for my sister to chose what she likes to add on as this bracelet is for her too.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?