<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, May 31, 2007

Visitor Service Officer for the Journey to the Afterlife
I've volunteered as a Visitor Service Officer for the Egyptian exhibition at the Art Gallery of WA. Not too sure what I'll be doing, I suspect mostly welcoming people and offering them brochures on the gallery or something like that. But I'll get to learn all about Egyptian art and things like that so it'll be really cool. They're going to have Egyptian antiquities from the Louvre on the Afterlife and it's going to be the first time in two decades that the Louvre is sending stuff to Australia so it's going to be so hell awesome (ahem, excuse the pun). I'm excited, I can't wait!

Lashes like Cleopatra's
Guess where I've been this week? At a beauty salon, getting lash extensions. Yep. They're one of the companies advertising with us, so I was sent down there to have lash extensions and then write up about it in the paper afterwards. The rooms were pretty cool, they were designed to look like spas with frangipanis and all those piles of neatly rolled white towels and rattan wall decorations. But I think the worst part of it for me is having to lie there without opening my eyes for 45 minutes while the artist applied each individual artificial lash one by one to my eyelashes! I thought it was going to be, like, maybe fifteen minutes or something. After I had closed my eyes, I asked "so how long does this take?" and she went "oh, about an hour or so." And i was like "WHAT?" and she added, "Probably about 45 minutes." And during this time, I can't open my eyes at all? "Nope."

When someone tells you you can't do something, you just wanna do it. I was DYING to open my eyes, I felt as if I might go mad if I didn't. I had to keep talking to her to keep myself from opening my eyes and then after that I shut up and started thinking about other things to try and distract myself. It wasn't too bad after a while but I don't think I'd be patient enough to sit through that again.

The lashes aren't too bad either - they're long, black and curly so they're really gorgeous. And I don't have to curl them or put mascara on them! (Not that I've ever curled my lashes myself anyway). And they last for about a month or so and fall out with your natural lashes so that's no problem. The only gripe I have is that they irritate me when I'm taking a shower or washing my face because my eyes get a little stingy. Also, they're supposed to be made of silk but they actually feel kind of hard. I get poked with my lashes everytime I dry my face with a towel or try to rub my eyes. In a way, it's kind of good - my lashes stop me from rubbing my eyes.

Opinion? It's really cool but I don't know if I'll ever get them done again. We'll see if I miss them too much when they're gone.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?