<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, May 21, 2007

So my company has moved us all to a big old drafty building that apparently used to be a very famous brothel. I am almost afraid to touch anything in that place. The bathrooms are horrible. I haven't dared to use the bathroom yet, prefering to make a mad dash for the train station restrooms, but I know someday I will be forced to and I am very much dreading that day. When it comes, you bet your ass I'll be lining them seats with loads of toilet paper and spraying disinfectant everywhere because I really have my doubts anyone else has gotten around to doing any proper cleaning before we all moved in. And I have already heard one horror story about the bathroom from Justine. Trust me. Not good. Or hygienic.

Second of all, the kitchen is just as bad. Thank goodness we are surrounded by all kinds of bakeries and restaurants and cafes now, so there's a definite improvement in variety restaurant-wise then when we were back in our old offices surrounding by nothing but fast food. Oh, yes, you can get pretty sick of fast food when you're surrounded by it 24-7. Especially when you sit at a desk all day and realize you need to start eating healthy in order to avoid qualifying for the next Biggest Loser!

Next, all the floors slant. And I mean SLANT. It's really obvious, especially when the door at the head office is closed and you can see the really superhuge gap where the floor slants under it. The wall-pillar in our office also has a very noticable slant to it so the walls aren't straight either. And our offices are located on the second floor so I really don't want to think about how stable these walls and floors are. No one had better walk heavy on these floors!

It is now the beginning of winter and that's not a great time to be moving in because it's so drafty and we have no heating. Everyone is freezing now, especially poor Dana because she is right next to the door of the office and everyone leaves it open when they come in so she kind of freezes there. And she's tiny and skinny and gets cold easily (even in our old offices which are like heaven compare to this new building) and has loads of work to do so it can't be easy for her.
Next, we have this glorious backyard, which we can view from a door on the second floor, where our offices are, leading down a very scary and shaky looking flight of steps to what looks like a jungle with a couple of huge satellites (for the radio station whom we are sharing this wonderful office space with) and lots of boxes and junk. I can only wonder when the giant rats would start to move in. But the back stairs will be a great place to push down anyone you don't like. "I don't know what happened, he must have tripped and fallen down the stairs, breaking his neck! Poor old dude." We already had one casualty during lunchtime last week: Dana's fork.

Oh, I shouldn't be so negative. After all, everything has its good points. The place is kind of Gothic-like, with curliques and stuff all over the ceiling and walls, and it's got plenty of mirrors in the most unlike places, which makes you wonder what kind of random activities they got up to when this place was reveling in its whorehouse glory, there's even a cupboard with mirrors all over it in one room. And a shower in the bathroom upstairs that nobody dares use because you don't want to know what happened in that shower either! And I finally have a window in my office, after working under sickly floruscent lights for the past several months. The window has not been washed for ages so everything looks a little hazy and gray, like LA or KL, but hey, I have a view. Of lots of shophouses. And my bank's main headquarters in the distance. It brings a whole new meaning to keeping an eye on my money at all times!

But when I go to work tomorrow I will be sure to dress warmly. I will also try not to drink too much water. And I will definitely keep an eye out for any Giant Rats.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?