<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, May 21, 2007

I just saw an article on Mars bars and how they were going to include animal parts (apparently rennet, which comes from the stomachs of calves) in ther chocolate, only lots of vegetarians protested and now they're not going to anymore.



I love Mars bars. They're my favourite chocolate bar, I prefer them to Snickers. Yum yum. I should really grab one to much on tomorrow in support of Mars. I haven't really eaten much chocolate since Lent, when I decided to abstain from chocolate. I know people who fast, quit drinking and abstained from meat and all that so I thought I'd better put in my two cents worth of sacrifice too. Although, I did end up eating chocolate two or three times during Lent. Oops. But, hey, at least I didn't have at least one a week which was what I was on before Lent came along! Although after Lent came Easter when that darling Gutter Philosopher got me a giant chocolate Easter egg. There's still tons of it in the fridge and everyone's sick of me giving them boxes of oddly-shaped milk chocolate pieces that came from said egg. But I'm well pleased anyway. Thank you, Gutter Philosopher! *Muah*



And speaking of food companies in the media, poor old Ribena has gotten its vitamin C claims completely whacked when two NZ teenage girls doing a science project or something found that the Ribena ready-drink didn't have the amount of Vitamin C it claimed it contained. Now we're getting all these really apologetic Ribena ads on TV. Don't worry, Ribena, I love you still because I loved you when I was a kid and I drank you for the taste and for those cute little Ribena berries and not so much for the health issues. But I have to admit it's a little hard to trust Ribena now because if their tests haven't been measuring up all this while, you really don't want to know what else they haven't yet discovered lurking in their drink. Cue Jaws theme. Dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum. DUM-DUM.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?