<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's been a busy weekend/week! I've been packing and moving and then unpacking again all week. SOB, EUH, I miss you so much already! My new home is a rather nice place in a rather slummy area, my housemates are rather nice and rather quiet people, and my room is rather small but I like it anyway. With the exception of wardrobe space (where are all my hangers going to go??? I need a walk-in wardrobe) and shelf space (half my things, mainly my books and magazines and papers and odds and ends have yet to be unpacked because there is nowhere to put them. I need new shelves!!!), it's not bad. It's a corner room so it makes the space look bigger than it really is. The full-length mirror (hooray!) is coming this weekend. I'm also going shopping for a couple of cheap shelves and one of those multipowerpoint things and with luck, my sister will give me one of the six heaters that she and her boyfriend have. Six! It must be like a sauna in their house. In great contrast to the icebox my room was last night, on my very first night sleeping in the house. Even with the window closed and the blinds drawn, I could feel an icy draft wafting in. With my blankets pulled snugly over me, my body was partly warm but my head was freezing! My nose was frozen; it was like sleeping outdoors. Believe me, I've slept in my share of drafty houses and usually a good couple of blankets help to ward off the cold. Not this one. I kept waking up and freezing and in the end I pulled out the good old electric blanket. This is the first time I have had need of it in two years.
Then, my neighbor's yard light constantly goes on and off. Once, I thought I heard a buzz saw and freaked, imagining psychos with saws creeping through the neighborhood (I'd just seen Hostel the other day with Ricardo and the Gutter Philosopher) but then convinced myself it must have been a distant motorbike engine. But nonetheless, not exactly the best of nights for a first night in my new home.
Ah, well. We can only try again tonight. This time, I plan on plugging in the electric blanket right away before I even get into bed. And on Saturday, it's off we go furniture shopping!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?