<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hair, hair, hair
Today was another busy day running all across campus and the city! But I managed to get home before the sun sets *whew*, which is a lucky thing especially after the flyers that have been circulating campus about the poor girl who was at the campus bus stop late one night, was forced into a car by a guy and driven away and assaulted before she was released.
"Assaulted?" said Aik when he saw the flyer. "That's really ambiguous! What do they mean by that? Was she raped or molested or beaten up?"
No one knows! But we'll believe that it's not in our best interests to find out firsthand. So we will all stay indoors when the dark comes! And I'm reaching for my trusty penknife to carry around in my bag again.
I got my hair trimmed today! Like all my other cuts, everyone's probably going to say there's no difference. But I see the difference - no more split ends! My poor hair has been completely destroyed by all the blowdrying I've inflicted on it lately - not wanting to walk around with waist-length wet hair in winter has driven me to be one of those terrible people who practically microwave their hair every morning. The hairdresser lectured me severely as she snipped at the ends today: "You have such beautiful long hair! You need to take better care of it! It doesn't take much, you know!" Then she gave me a well-practised speech promoting the hair salon's products. Like usual, I, ever-gullible, got excited and agreed to buy all their products. Well, it's not as bad as it sounds: I had been planning to buy a leave-in moisturiser for my hair, which will definitely be much needed if my prediction that I'm going to be blowdrying my hair practically everyday for the rest of the winter does come true, which it probably would. And I get three products, which will last me ages apparently, for eleven bucks each, so that's a pretty good price, if I do say so myself. I also got a shampoo (which would be used after my current Dove shampoo runs out) and a conditioner. The hairdresser berated me about using Garnier conditioner: "It's not good enough for your hair! You need to get a better conditioner! Something stronger and more professional!" Result: I left the salon with beautiful new trimmed hair and a bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and moisturiser. The moisturiser (which the hairdresser used on me before I left) is already working wonders, my hair feels a ton healthy and is thanking me and sending roses to my hairdresser for making me buy all these things. That's a good omen of what the conditioner and shampoo will hold for me. Healthy hair, here I come!
Likewise, I've got an appointment with a colorist this Thursday. My roots have grown out several inches, so not good. One of these days I'm going to stop spending so much money dying my poor hair and go back to black. Or do braids. Now that'll be awesome. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?