<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ah, the Life of Convenience.
Last night was spent at analakshmi's, this Indian restaurant where you just pay whatever you want for a buffet of, you guess it, Indian food. It's vegetarian and it's pretty good - the Duchess and I and Amr and Amr's friend and a whole bunch of DESI boys (plus one very pretty DESI girl) who just seem to resemble every other DESI boy I know (I swear, DESI must be turning out clones everywhere, their mannerisms and hairstyles and clothes are sooo similar, I feel like I already know everything about them) just stuffed ourselves with dal and rice and shredded cabbage and potatoes and lots of other spicy vegetables. As usual, with winter here, everyone is eating as if they are bears planning to hibernate. I myself have been buying waaay too much food from Coles.
I have bought - get this! Milo! Lovely, yummy Milo that comes in convenient little packets that you just empty into a cup of Microwaved hot milk. I could have saved a dollar eighty and bought a small tin and just count out four or five heaping spoonfuls of Milo powder into each cup but nooo. I must have these wonderful novelty packets that promise to make life a hairbreadth easier and more convenient for me. Yummy, lovely Milo. Needs more condensed milk, though, which, luckily I have bought! Again, this is condensed milk in a tube, looking like a tube of canvas oil pant and promising to be more convenient than ordinary condensed milk in a tin. Only...now I have just noticed a tube of condensed milk in the fridge as well and wondered, is that mine? Was that the old tube of condensed milk which I bought months ago and never used again and thought I had probably gave to the Duchess who is a lover of condensed milk in a tube? Or is that just one of my flatmate's condensed milk? One of my many flatmates who keeps tons of plastic containers filled with leftover rice and pasta in the fridge, to be warmed up at any time for their convenience? Or one of my many other flatmates (or possible the very same one) who keeps packs of KFC and KFC chips in our fridge for eons and eons, also to be warmed up at any time for their convenience? There is too much convenience going on around here for my liking. We should all be sent back to the old days, back out to the country where we will be made to plant, grow, harvest, wash and cook our own cabbages and carrots, where we will be made to look after our own cows and chickens and goats before fattening them up and slaying them for a good meal of meat. Ah, it's good to be in the country.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?