<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, May 01, 2006

Today was Asshole Day
It was terrible...just this morning alone, I met so many assholes...it was like Asshole Day today and someone had let them all loose...
I'm features editor for the next issue of our uni paper so I had to wake up early today and get my ass over to uni and find out where all the feature writing classes were so I could get all the students to put down their story ideas and sources. Another guy was suppose to be doing this with me but I couldn't get hold of him over the weekend and by the time he got back to me today, my phone battery had conked out on me so we totally lost sight of one another. No, he's not the asshole, those are yet to come.
So anyway I was running back and forth between two feature writing classes. One of them was fine, nice people, really sweet, but the other one had these two GRADE-A ASSHOLES sitting at the back of the class. I'm going to each of the students, getting down their story ideas and sources, and all the girls are lovely, really nice and sweet. But these two guys absolutely refused to explain their story ideas to me or even write down their sources. One of them just writes "cyclones" and draws a little whirlwind while the other thinks he's being really artistic by writing his name down in big block letters. And there I am, trying to get them to write down their ideas and sources properly and they're just giving me so much shit and going "Why? Why do we have to do this? We've already handed our articles in today so why should we explain it to you?" And i'm just like, "Because i don't get your articles until tomorrow and i have to present your story ideas to my own class today! so just write down your damn sources, fool!"
And there was this other guy who also kept giving me shit and asking in aggressive tones why he should write down the story ideas. Well, buster, just do as you're told and keep your mouth shut.
Eurghhh. Anyway, I finally get the story ideas and sources, and go over to the newsroom to go through their articles and make some sense out of the crap they gave me.
On the way there, I pass this HORRIBLY UGLY MONKEY in the university parking lot. He was crass and ugly and had terrible gelled back hair and an earring and was driving what he obviously thought was a flashy cool convertible, but frankly, it was just too OTT and the ugliest shade of blue I've ever seen. And he was driving slowly and revving his engine as loudly as he could and he gives me this really smug "you think I'm hot, don't you" look and winks at me and I nearly screamed and tore my hair out but I just gave him this look of abject horror and disgust and walked off, while he continues revving his engine behind me.
And when I finally get to the newsroom and looked through the articles, what do you know, the Grade-A assholes who were sitting at the back of the class haven't even handed up their articles yet! They were definitely not in the pile in their assignment box. Biatches!
Really, there were just too many assholes today. This is what I get for waking up so early, or so the Lost Smoker aka Prince Valium tells me today as I complain to him. All I can say is, there better not be any more assholes when I venture out for my three o'clock class later or...I don't know...I might just get arrested on the six o'clock news for killing an asshole.
So if you see an article in tomorrow's paper with the headline "GIRL KILLS ASSHOLE" - you'll know that was me!
Right - off to lunch now! Ciao!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?