<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Last night was spent drinking a carton of Cintra beer with the Lost Smoker and playing blackjack and...um...something else that I can't remember which is sort of like Uno with both the Lost Smoker and Phil. Phil kept winning because he was the only sober one.
Anyway, at the end of the night, I made the Lost Smoker walk me home, then went straight to bed. Woke up around fourish in the morning, utterly and out-of-my-mind thirsty. Also was feeling very bad. "Never again," I swore to myself as I got out of bed and went into the dark kitchen to fill up a bottle of water. "Never again will I drink so much and inflict this unnecessary pain on myself!" Yes, of course, story of my life.
Anyway, I got back into bed, drank about half the bottle of water, then, because I couldn't sleep and because I was still feeling bad, opened Douglas Adam's The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul, which the Lost Smoker had lent me along with Graham Greene's Quiet American. Oooh, British classics. I had just about reached the part where this woman is walking down a street at night, and all the street lamps are being extinguished one by one as she passes them by, and naturally have worked myself up in a very frightened state, when I suddenly heard a thump down the hallway outside my room.
Pause.
Another thump. Followed by another. Immediately, because of The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul, I start imagining green-skinned goblins and giant green-eyed figures with scythes lurking outside my bedroom in the darkened hallway and lounge. I freeze immediately. There's something out there! What should I do? My room light was the only one turned on which makes it an instant attraction for whatever supernatural creature out there! I consider locking my door but the click might attract the creature. I consider turning off my light but that might attract it as well! But what should I do? What if it can come through walls? What should I do if something tries to open my door? I sit there in a half-frightened state for several minutes before just going back to my book, with one eye on my door, ready to shriek if the doorknob so much as moves a centimetre. I turn each page very quietly and slowly in case the faintest rustle reaches the ears of that horrible creature lurking outside. I barely dare to move, nestled in my bed as I was. Nothing would make me get out of bed and leave the safety of my room to look outside in that dark hallway. Finally, I got tired and fell asleep. When I woke up, it was daylight and all my other flatmates had probably already gotten up. What relief. I made it through another night.
A thought has just occured me. What should I do about tonight?!?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?