<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, April 27, 2006

It's been quite a while since I last blogged, due to the fact that I've been over at the Gutter Philosopher's house for most of the Easter two-week break. That place is like my summer home or something, lol. Pharrell and the Gutter Philosopher joke that people don't come over to their house, they live over. Hotel Gutter Pharrell.
Most of my time over there was spent watching DVDs from Blockbuster. Ah, there's nothing better then sitting mindlessly in front of the TV watching movie after movie! In the space of about a week and a half, I watched the movies Carlito's Way: Rise to Power, Domino, The Odd Couple II (Pharrell's choice), Sexy Beast (finally!), The Constant Gardener, State Property (no one in the movie was a nice guy! they were all meanies!), and Demon Hunter (gawd, what a terrible B-grade movie! The soundtrack was all over the place, as if someone had just decided to randomly fit it in between scenes, and, um, it was just not impressive at all. Bit of movie goof-ups trivia: in one scene, Sean Patrick Flannery is talking to the nun in the graveyard. the camera moves between shots of the nun's back as she faces SPF, and shots of the nun from the front. In certain shots of the nun's face, you can see that her hair has been brushed back over her shoulder, and in other shots you can see that her hair has fallen over her shoulder to the front).
Also watched Narnia for the fourth time, and My Name is Modesty, which is based on the comic series about Modesty Blaise. I was kind of disappointed watching the movie, after having read the comics every Sunday over the past years. But, to be fair, I didn't manage to finish the movie, falling sick with the flu halfway through, and spending one miserable day and night sick in bed and, according to the Gutter Philosopher, being very demanding.
Yup, everyone's coming down with a touch of the flu. It doesn't help that some days and nights are chilly, and others are a little more warm. Darwin up north has been hit by a cyclone, they say on the news, and the past couple of days have been rainy and chilly here because of it. Richard got some flu and cold medicine, and when we got home, he found out that it was made of natural herbs. Apparently, when you're sick, it's best to have a handful of dried elderberries and white willow bark to make you feel better.
The Swedish guys have made it back home from camping. Their car had broken down in the first few days of their trip, and they had to spend the next five days sitting around in small town pubs waiting for it to be fixed. The cars are falling apart around us. The Gutter Philosopher's car has also broken down, and is in the mechanic's right now as I type. Poor little Tina!
Today, I went to the city with the Duchess. We walked and walked and walked like Amish people walking over fields. My feet are tired. Bought a lovely soft green sweater for the coming winter days and got a new battery for my phone (the old one had conked out on me, leaving me phoneless for the past four or five days). It was actually awesome, being out of the phone circuit for a while. No phone ringing, no messages demanding your attention. Only the occasional panic anxiety moments where you go, "I know someone's trying to call me now! I just know it!" and the annoying prospect of being unable to make phone calls when you want to.
All right, 'tis late and tomorrow is another big day, running around getting a police clearance! Luckily for me, I know I have no police record. Or do I?!? We'll find that one out tomorrow!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?