<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, April 27, 2006

I hate my flatmate's bathmat.
See, it's like this. There's this white mat which one of my flatmates placed on the floor of the bathroom. Naturally, because water from the shower compartment constantly sloshes over onto the bathroom floor, the mat gets wet. So my flatmate eventually puts the mat in the middle of the bathroom floor, instead of next to the shower compartment where it originally was. She also leaves a note, telling us in no uncertain terms that she had placed the mat in the middle of the floor to prevent it from constantly getting drowned.
So far, all this is fine with me. But the very next day, I get home late night from clubbing and go to take a shower, accidentally spilling some stuff on the mat. Damn it! I hurry to wash out the mat, then squeeze it as dry as I can and leave it on the floor to dry up. But I kind of figured out my flatmate probably found it still wet the next day and was probably pretty pissed to find that it's still wet, despite the fact that she put it in the middle of the bathroom.
So I spend a few days at the Gutter Philosopher's house. Next time I come back, I take a shower and come out to find a corner of the mat is still wet. Let's face it, the bathroom is tiny. There is no way you can keep from causing that mat to be wet while taking a shower.
Anyway, off I go to the Gutter Philosopher's again for another few days. Today, I come back, and to prevent from wetting the mat, I shove it clear to the other side of the bathroom, scrunching it up against the wall, then take my shower. Success, the mat is dry. Triumphant, I head off to my room to do a quick facial.
Suddenly, I hear my flatmate coming home and going into the bathroom to take a shower. Horrors! I forgot to put the mat back where it was! It was still scrunched up against the wall! I go back after she's done with her shower; she's put it back in its proper place.
I imagine that she probably knows I'm the one who's doing all these things to her mat. I try, damnit, I try my darnedest to be kind to that mat and keep it clean and dry and in its place but damnit, nothing ever seems to work. Pah!
Anyway, any mat that lives in the bathroom is bound to more or less fall damp every now and then. I rest my case. That mat is evil!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?