<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, March 22, 2006

So, anyway, the last I said was that I was feeling bad after that memorable wednesday night. Right after I posted my entry, the Lost Smoker came on MSN and we started talking and the Lost Smoker started going on about fresh orange juice and vodka for breakfast and, needless to say, we both decided that was what we needed to pick us up this morning. Yours truly was a bad influence as she convinced the Lost Smoker to blow off a social politics lecture to go to the uni tav and have yummy, yummy, icy-cold screwdrivers. Yummmm....
Oh...and I have to say that Flat 28 wins the prize for the best messages ever written on their whiteboard...especially the latest ones which go: "Someone has been using my soap in the bathrooom. I really don't mind if you use it, but please stop leaving hairs in the soap, it's really gross."
And then a few days later: "Someone is still using my soap and leaving hairs in it, please don't do that as it is really gross. It's been 4 days and I've counted 9 hairs."
Ew...gross...
Poor old Flat 28 has been having a lot of bathroom troubles. The Duchess was scared by a cockroach in the shower and the Lost Smoker had to go kill it with bug spray from her. And there was another really gross message about the toilets the other day but I think I'll spare you guys the details on that one.
On the bright (and much cleaner) side, I just completed my two hours of work experience at the uni tav today!!! It was so fun, I loved it, even though the Duchess said I looked so nervous the whole time (well, between figuring out how to work the till and doing my best to make out what everyone was ordering and trying to pour a little creatures ale without too much head, you could hardly blame me for looking nervous. Anyway, everyone always says I look nervous everytime I do a new thing. That's just me. Looking nervous, yet turn your back and I'll spring up on you. And claw your spine out. And slap your ass hard. Hee hee.).
Anyway, yes, it was way, way fun working there, even with the goof-ups I made every now and then. Would they ever take me on for a real job? I had no idea being a bartender was this fun. Well, I've never watched Coyote Ugly :P
I wish I could have stayed longer. I wouldn't mind working for more than two hours! Yay, I think I've found my dream part-time job.
Anyway, once the two hours were over, I left (albeit unwillingly, lol). A huge wind was blowing up as I was leaving, and then it started to drizzle, and before I knew it, I was running through the campus in the rain. It was the best rain ever - nice and cold and fresh and somehow I feel much better about this week.
Yeah, because yesterday was kind of a "let's just cancel it from history" kind of day. Had a fight with the Gutter Philosopher, was completely frustrated by my indesign workshop (but, hey, everyone was ready to throw something by the end of that workshop too), was *almost* stood up by the Duchess for lunch (she came when she heard I was having a bad day), did poorly in the current affairs quiz, went to get Thai lime and ginger chips during class break to cheer me up only to find the vending machine had run out of that particular flavour, almost didn't have enough money for lunch, forgot to get a fork for my pasta and had to run all the way back to the shop to get one, didn't recognize a friend that I had just met the week before and felt really bad about it...
Well, okay, it wasn't that bad a day but I was in a pretty bad mood and had serious thoughts about just crawling into bed and never coming out until the next day.
But today...all is good...:)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?