<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Well, in my last post I wrote about my bad news conference, today I will write about my good one! :) Went to a press conference at the Parliament House this morning. This time I left myself lots of time to reach the area in time and I did! Huzzah! And I managed to record my interview and everything and got it done, although I nearly fainted from running up a hill in the heat. But who cares when you've gotten your story? And it was a good story. :)
Went clubbing in Metro's with the Philipino gals on Saturday night - it wasn't as good as it used to be. They have a second bar upstairs now but we didn't head up there, but the music in the original room isn't as good as it used to be. Bah. So we left around two thirty in the morning - I wasn't even drunk because I hadn't brought much cash and the ATM in the club wasn't working - and I got home and just hung around, snacking and watching TV. Just as I am about go to bed, the Gutter Philosopher and Tom Thumb Hairdryer roar up to the house in the Gutter Philosopher's car and I hear the two of them giggling like drunken bimbos as they stumble out of the car and to the door. They try to open the door but they can't because they're not used to the key locks being turned counter-clockwise instead of clockwise (I'm not used to it myself). The Gutter Philosopher goes "What are your locks like back home?" And Tom Thumb goes "I know, mine turn the other way too." And the Gutter Philosopher go "Yeah, this is so weird!" And Tom Thumb goes "I know, this is so totally Aussie!" And they're both giggling hysterically outside after that. By the time they finally make it into the house, they're both still giggling and going "Totally Aussie!" When they see me, they just ask, "Are you...totally Aussie?" It's become the catch phrase of the week by now.
Speaking of which, I feel like a girl living in a house of Queer Eye for the Straight Girl. I swear, everyone's turning gay in that house. I am the only straight person in there and I am the only girl. Thus, Queer Eye for the Straight Girl.
Sheryl and I tried to get a tan the weekend before last weekend - what little tan I had was faded by the next day. Hmph! Must try harder.
On Sunday night, the Gutter Philosopher made briyani and rice and the Mystery Wolf came over for dinner. The rice was goo-ood. We were completely stuffed and lying about on the couches afterwards. And then we went to a jetty down by the river after that and had wine and sat on the end of the jetty and watch the moon rise and talk all kinds of crap and made a noir film out of Thomas's silhouette as he goes up and down the jetty to...erm...nourish the grass. I made them go home shortly after midnight though, because I had to work the next day, man, I felt like such a party pooper. So this is what having a job is like!
Most of our time, though, has been spent on watching Thomas's downloads of the Family Guy. Michel is over-addicted to it. And when I say over-addicted, I mean over-addicted.
Oh, and Claude has taken off to Seychelles! He was bursting with happiness on the day before he left. (Not on the day he left, though, because on that day I woke him up early to beg a ride to work as it was raining and he wasn't too happy. Oops!) See what I mean about work ruining your social life?
Last night, Michel, Thomas and I headed to a Mexican restaurant called the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. It had posters from cowboy movies of cowboys holding guns (Clint Eastwood? or someone like that) and fake cactuses everywhere and the food was good. I had a bowl of mussels and bread, it was dee-licious. We were super-stuffed after that.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?