<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It was Tuesday just five hours and eight minutes ago! On Tuesday, I dragged myself awake from what I was sure was a fairly exciting adventure-drama-thriller dream to go shopping with mum. I had a mission and that mission was to buy all the Vincci shoes I would need and want before I leave once more to Perth. I love Vincci. Vincci is the best. Nose is nothing compared to Vincci. I buy all my heels from Vincci! Hurray for Vincci! Although it'd be nice if my Vincci heels wouldn't wear out so fast that I constantly need to buy new ones every year to replace those that fall apart within half a year. To be fair, I'm always treating my high/low heels as if they're basketball sneakers and walking around my huuuge uni campus, gnashing the soles of aforementioned high/low heels on gravel and grass and sod as if they were Timberland boots, and Vincci does have the best ever prices for such pretty shoes that I really can't complain when the soles begin to wear out a little and the bottom of the heels start to fall apart a bit. But it's sad when a pretty pair of shoes that you love gives out on you. And Vincci shoes are so pretty.
Okay, anyway, enough rhapsodizing. We were to Vincci. Just outside the store, my mom remembers that we're not suppose to buy shoes during the Chinese New Year period because it's suppose to be bad luck or some such thing. Something to do with the word shoes in Chinese which is "hai" which sounds like a sigh in Chinese like "haaaaiiii". But I desperately need these shoes before I'm forced to leave for Perth once more! I need my high/low heels! Plus, we're Christians! We mustn't believe in these superstitions! Or so I said to my mom. Remember, this comes from the same girl who always instinctively looks over her shoulder everytime she enters her house because she believes some silly superstition that her older sister once told her about looking over your shoulder during the Hungry Ghost Festival period so that ghosts cannot follow you into your home. But shoes override everything else. Vincci shoes.
I should really get an extra discount on these shoes considering the ton of free promotion I am currently giving Vincci on this particulara post.
Anyway, after making purchase of three pairs of shoes (two for moi, one for my sister), we continue shopping and lunching (and buying yummy brownies from Puffin Muffin) until three, when we headed over to the cinema to watch Memoirs of a Geisha. This is the third time I've seen Memoirs and it is definitely going to be the last. I am sick of watching Memoirs of a Geisha. I refuse to watch it anymore. I've watched it with my sister, my friends, and now my mother. That's enough. I want to watch Family Stone and Underworld II and Final Destination III now. And Casanova and Pirates of the Caribbean II and Broken Flowers. Yeah.
Anyway, I later met up with CircleySquare and Potatoes and SydneyBoy and Paprika Shadows aka VJ that evening. It was a really fun night - we kept reminiscing about our confirmation days and the crazy things we used to do and watched rawmania wrestling (Potatoes was absolutely fascinated by it) and a dart competition where two sweaty men named Part and Taylor fought out their terrible devastating match. Part won.
But I also felt a little sad that night because I was going to be leaving so soon to Perth again. Coming back has just made me realize how much I really missed Malaysia! I miss everything about it, the malls which open til way late and the midnight movies and all the great food and the traffic jams and rude drivers and walking around with knives in my bag and enduring catcalls from passing drivers and making catcalls when I'm driving (or at least, when Backstabbed is driving my car and I'm drunk in the seat next to him) and riding on the LRT and yamcha-ing and shopping and most of all, running around with all my crazy friends, doing all our usual crazy things and making our crazy comments. I love you guys! Even though I know that to some of you I may seem like I've been acting strange and totally out of myself and different and maybe a little too sensitive and, I have to admit it, bitchy as well, although I never meant to act this way, honestly I've been feeling like I'm a stranger even to myself for a while and I'm still not exactly sure why (and I'm sorry, and even though we've never talked about this but I've kind of worked through the worst of this strange phase and finally managed to pull myself back together - or at least I hope I have - and even though we've never talked about this openly, I promise things are going to go back to normal and that I'm back to normal, or as normal as any of us can be anyway :p). And even when I get ridiculously upset and all, and I start despairing, I still knew in my heart that because you're my friends, even though you may be wondering what's gotten into me, that you wouldn't judge me for turning temporarily crazy/silly/bitchy and since I'll probably never have the guts to talk this out in person with you guys, I guess I just want to use my blog to thank you guys for being such great friends. I love ya all!
And it's really sad too that this has been such a short vacation and I have to leave so soon after getting a grip on my sanity. I promise I will make it up to you next time! And next time I'll definitely arrange a longer stay! I really missed you guys, it's been so good to see you again! Sniff! I wish I didn't have to leave so soon again!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?