<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, January 16, 2006

It's funny...right after I wrote that last post about all that complain-y stuff, I went to check my mail and some friends had wrote me and I feel much better now, thanks guys!!!!!!
Been hanging out with my sister and doing the family thing most of the time lately...in between falling sick again...and again...and again!!! I have never been so sick so many times in a row in my entire life!!! I think me and my sister and my brother are passing bugs between us...one gets slightly better while the other falls sick and then the other gets slightly better while the other falls sick again and none of us ever get well properly!!!
Well...I did get to watch Memoirs of a Geisha in between all this falling sicky-icky... and as I mentioned earlier, I had been re-reading Pride and Prejudice and that turned into a full-blown Jane Austen reading list...because after that I re-read Northanger Abbey and now I'm re-reading Emma... only I kind of cast that aside momentarily to read Amanda Quick romance novels!!! Yes, I have pushed aside the noble classics for trashy romances. But what fun, funny trashy romances! Anyway, I think there's a curse on Emma...I never seem to be able to be interested enough in Emma to ever get through the whole book. I'll do my best but it doesn't seem very likely!!! Maybe I'll turn to Persuasion instead... I like the whole Anne Elliot love story thing. The passion! The anguish! The controlled emotions!
And ooh I never told you all about my Hong Kong trip. Basically, we shopped. A lot.
We got loads of clothes and I got a cute little tweed Oliver Twist-like hat, a long white skirt, black Goth-y top, we got loads of cheongsams that fitted us really well, my sister and my mother nearly bought out the G2000 store, we got large and tiny mahjong sets, and we bargained till there was no end to the bargaining! It was so fun, Hong Kong. And it was such a rush place, like everyone kept walking really fast and if you didn't move along, you'd probably fall over, and they had all these yummy looking food stalls and restaurants and it's really clean now too, I guess they had a big clean up, especially after all the SARS and avian flu scares. We need one of those big clean-ups here in KL. Then maybe we might have something that actually looks like a river instead of near resembling a huge drain.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?