<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, December 19, 2005

Am still sick, which is a total pain in the ass! Because I have run out of medicine, I get to make another trip to the doctor's to stock up on even more yucky pills and - right now, icky cough syrup as well. I have now been diganosed with a cough and cold. Lovely, I'm sure. The cough syrup especially is causing me to fall asleep so I am basically comatose 24-7. And if that's not enough of pill-taking, Potatoes has me on to these spirulina pills - some healthy organic food supplement which is suppose to be a miracle cure for all sorts of things. As long as they're helping me with the horrible mouth ulcers that I've gotten as a result of the heat that I've been saturated in since I got home, I'll continue taking them. But I'll report back if I start turning green or gain the ability to make my own food in the sunlight (spirulina is really some kind of seaweed algae that we learnt about in high school science classes and has loads of chlorophyll!)!
Anyway! Have also been having major headache since Saturday. Which is a bitch, since I never EVER have migraines but when this one happened, it's one major son of a bitch. Get me down! Grrr! Why am I suddenly a walking advertisement for ill health? Anyway, hopefully with a lot of rest, I get better soon... in time for Christmas, I hope!
However, ill health will never stop me from fulfilling my *ahem* social obligations. On Friday night, Potatoes, me, Backstabbed, ScreamingSour and S, who will be temporarily known as SydneyBoy until or unless he gets a better nick to suit him, went over to Club 7. Man, has that place changed! They've got a bar now, and a kind of platform thing built in, where you can sit and have drinks while waiting for one of the pool tables to be available. We waited ages for a pool table, but not as long as how we waited for VJ to show up - which was never! Haha! This was a great chance for me to demonstrate how terrible my pool skills are after over a year of non-pool-playing. Potatoes noticed just then that Backstabbed had quite a butt, so we distracted him from his pool games by um, "cheering" him on by shouting "Go, ass!" whenever he stepped up to shoot a ball. And to compensate for all that "cheering", we shouted "Go, tits!" for ScreamingSour! Well, I did, anyway!
On Saturday, I had to accompany mom to a wedding - the bride was her friend's daughter. It wasn't too bad - except that I kept wanting to cough so badly and had to restrain myself because I was in a wedding! The bride was marrying her ex-university lecturer - lovely. "So now we know what really goes on in university lecture halls!" jokes the priest in his sermon.
After the wedding, we drove over to the clinic where I had the aforementioned second trip to the doctor's. He gave me a strict list of don'ts - Don't move from extreme heat conditions to extreme cold conditions, i.e. entering a freezing air-conditioned room after standing out in the hot sun, don't drink cold liquids, don't stand in the rain - according to him, I am not to allow even "one or two drops" to touch me. All of which, I basically disobeyed the very same night. Oops!
Anyway, got home, took the medicine, had some pizza for dinner, and then felt better enough to head over to Potatoes', where she and Backstabbed and VJ were just about to open a bottle of Absolut Vodka. We ended up playing some random drinking game with all these assorted rules. A couple of hours later, the vodka was almost gone, Backstabbed was sitting back, flushed and going "I don't think I can drink anymore." Potatoes was the best, she was rolling around on the floor, hugging her little dolphin stuffed toy and going "I'm not drunk but I can't drive!!!" So it was left to me to run back to my house (in the rain too, as a drizzle just broke out right as I ran out onto the road, so much for the doctor's orders) and get my car and take Backstabbed and VJ home. According to them, they left Potatoes in a more or less coherent state, with her boyfriend due home any moment, so I guess Carrots could take care of Potatoes when he got back. Lol! When I got home, I called up the Gutter Philosopher and, in a slightly less-than-sober state, informed him of what I've been up to. "You're always such a handful," he sighs. And just because I was telling him about how I switched lanes while driving the other day and scared some chick who was crossing the road in front of me. Well, I just looked like I was about to hit her, I wasn't *really* gonna hit her. But she ended up cursing me, or so ScreamingSour said. I didn't bother looking back, I was too busy laughing.
And that leaves today, Sunday, the day of my medically-induced comatose state! Slept most of the day, except when taking random pills and cough syrup, and basically more or less resting. Today is also the day Bundles leaves for a weeklong trip to Hong Kong! Speaking of which, both Alleya and the Mad Dentist from Adelaide are also in Hong Kong/China this month as well. And my sister is pretty much keen on going to Hong Kong too only my mom won't let her. The whole world wants to go to Hong Kong and China, it seems!
I say: Why go to China, when we can be rescuing Tibet from China?
Sorry, just had to break out into one of my "Tibet Deserves Its Independence from China!" mode for a sec there.
*Pause*
LONG LIVE TIBET!!!
Right, gotta go take some more medicine now. Adiu, my dear readers!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?