<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, November 02, 2005

So, the other day was Halloween, Divali (the Indian New Year and festival of lights) and All Saints Day all rolled into one. It may also be Eidh, but I'm not too sure about that because one of my friends seem to be celebrating it right now but another tells me it's not till tomorrow, and I'm too lazy to go check the calendars.
Anyway, on Halloween's Eve, I was walking home from the Brothel Flat at night when I suddenly spy a horrible face at the sliding doors of Flat 28's balcony through their window and I froze in horror. Is that the Lost Smoker? I wonder. No, it isn't! Who is that? It's a terrible apparition! And then I suddenly realized it was Hallow's Eve, Samhain Night, the night where the veil between the living and the dead is the thinnest and ghosts come out and then I realize it's exactly MIDNIGHT.
I keep on walking steadily but everything suddenly seemed to change. It was as if the world around me had known that I had just realized it was Halloween. The wind suddenly whipped up into a frenzy, howling and whistling directly into my ear. The trees shook their dark branches spookily at me. I passed by the creepy little dark back alley behind Flat 28 and even though I told myself NOT to look down there, I couldn't help but turn my head and look directly at the alley disappearing into nothing but darkness and it was as if the wind was howling down the alley and rushing right at me. I keep on walking, telling myself not to run. I could feel the spirits and ghosts rushing all around me, the darkness shaking itself down on me...
Thank goodness most of my neighbors had their lights turned on, including my flat's lounge. If the entire block ahd been drenched in darkness, it could possibly be too much for me to handle. I continue walking up the steps, telling myself not to run. The moment I reached my front door, the wind suddenly ceased and the night seemed to still.
I opened my door as quickly as I could and stepped in, turning around as I shut the door, so no spirits would follow me in. I breathed a sigh of relief. I was home, safe and sound and warm in the bright lights. Whew.
That's the last time I ever go walking around on the exact stroke of midnight on All Hallow's Eve alone!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?