<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, October 20, 2005

We were in top form last night! Went to the pub down the road with Mystery Wolf, Lost Smoker and T., who from now on shall be known as Tom Thumb HairDryer. Tom Thumb HairDryer was nursing a fever but apparently that wasn't going to stop him from trying to get drunk! Although I don't think he was that drunk. The Lost Smoker was probably the most drunk among all of us. He was drunk even before we got to the pub.
Everyone's falling sick these days. A lot of coughing and fevers going around. Someone suggested it could be the bird flu, since it's just shown up in Europe, but I doubt it. It must be spring fever, lol. But wait, I think it's actually the beginning of summer now instead, or close. Why does this place have such weird upside-down seasons???
Was awaken today by a member of a drug research institute. "I got you an interview with our director but you have to move fast because he will only be available in the next half hour as he has to catch a flight," he told me. "Do you still want to do the interview?"
"Yes, I do," I say. I expect he wanted me to say no and leave it at that. They didn't seem too eager to allow me an interview. I switched on the PC, checked my credit level on my mobile (only 13 bucks! damnit! would that be enough to ask a few questions?) and proceeded to call. I got the secretary or receptionist. The director just walked out the door, she tells me. What, is he avoiding me now? She suggests calling his mobile. I agree. I wait ages as she sifts through her desk, looking for his number. Hurry, my credit is running out! She gives me the number, I thank her and hang up. I give his mobile a ring. I get the voicemail. He IS avoiding me! I leave a message and my number and fall back into bed.
Then about five or ten minutes later, my phone ring. I throw myself across the room to grab it. It's him, it's him!
He turns out to be a pretty nice guy after all and answers all my questions really well. We say goodbye and I cheerfully wish him a nice flight. My words surprised him, I think, he must be wondering "how on earth did she know i was about to catch a flight? She must be a PSYCHO STALKER!!!" to which he managed to say "oh, thanks. you too."
Lol. Well, I have no flight to catch myself, but I appreciate that nice thought. And in all fairness, they all seem to be pretty nice people at the institute and they DID give me an interview.
2 interviews down, a few more to go!
I went on Google Earth yesterday, that website where you can view the world through a satellite picture. After hours of relentless searching, I found my house! And my high school and middle school and my second home, the mall! Lol i e-mailed my mother and my sister right away and told them about it, then I lied and told them I had even managed to get a look at the new paint job on the house and saw my mom and dad standing outside. "Nice hair, mum! Look at dad, he's lost weight! All that exercise really did him good!" Then I admitted I lied and all I could see was the rooftop of our house and the picture wasn't in real-time. But hey I could see our fruit tree by the house! And surprisingly, you could see loads in that picture, everything was way clear. My sister rang up ten minutes later in an excited fury. She had fallen for my lies. Lol.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?