<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Last week was break week, so basically everyone was running around doing no work at all and having the time of our lives! Well, kind of, anyway, hehehe...
I hear that SweetRhapsody is mad at myself and the Duchess for never being online or sending her updates on our lives. Well, sorry, darling...mucho sorry.... Hugs... come onto my blog all the time and I'll give you all the updates you want...anyway, it's not as if you send US any messages either! And i never see you online while I'm on anyway!
Last Friday was the night of the inter-house river cruise! We had a Cuba theme so on the day of the cruise I went down to Coles to buy a flower pin to wear in my hair... I got a pink one since there were no red flowers, and the Duchess got a purple one but she didn't wear hers. I wore my black assymetrical slightly-kind-of-loose-pleats-style skirt with a dark blue-black halter neck loose assymetrical top and placed the flower at my ear, and wore my champagne colored high heels. It took forever for me and the Duchess to decide what to wear, we were going through a "everything-makes-me-look-fat!!!" period but eventually put togehter great outfits - like always, gurl! ;) I brought my glittery scarf but it didn't do much to keep me warm on the cruise - it was freezing onboard, especially with all the rain and the wind! And we kept going outside to smoke, which just caused us to freeze even more. The Duchess wore a pink-purplish sunset-colored halter neck top and black pants; she brought along Mystery Wolf's gray wrap which did well to keep us both warm! Everyone was dressed up really nice; some of the guys were wearing those Havana-like hats and this guy, I forgot his name, had a fake moustache penciled on. I loved Nicole's red dress, it was gorgeous. There were, strangely, these little blow-up cactuses and palm trees here and there, some of the guys nicked them as we left the cruise four hours later. That was four hours of dancing nonstop in high heels that totally killed our feet! But the music wasn't too bad, it was a fun mix, they played all kinds of songs. The food was even better - they had all kinds of pizza PLUS these yummy sandwiches - roast beef, pastramia, smoked salmon, vegetarian, lamb... the Duchess was lamenting the fact that she had gone vegetarian for a month because that meant she couldn't touch any of the sandwiches other than the veggie ones.
Anyway, we all felt really tired and cold after the cruise, so a lot of people headed home to their beds, but the rest of us went on to NorthBridge to go clubbing. But even then, we ended up heading home round two-ish, we were so tired by then. I just needed a hot shower to warm me up badly!
Driving around town this weekend with the Gutter Philosopher has made me realize one thing - that boy does NOT take directions! There we would be in the car, with me squinting at his tiny street directory in the dark because his interior car light is broken, giving him perfectly good directions which he absolutely just would not listen to, which ended up with us going the wrong way and getting lost! Later, on Sunday, as Pharrell, myself and the Gutter Philosopher headed down to the beach, we got lost once again and I kept telling him to turn round AT ONCE because I was fairly sure that the turn we just missed was the right one, but once again he ignored me and got us onto some random highway instead. We ended up heading to the city to eat in Chinatown instead. After that, I stated firmly, "No more car trips for a while."
The Tall One is ready for a month of fasting and celibacy and no alcohol; it's Ramadhan, the Muslim month of fasting and cleansing, starting from today. That doesn't stop him from smoking pot though. I'll bet you anything that the Pothead Teddy, who's also Muslim, ain't gonna do much fasting either. I wonder how Farah is holding up in Melbourne, lol.
The Korean guy in the Duchess's flat has moved out! I doubt we'll miss him much, we rarely even see him in the flat anyway, he's always in his room. But I do know that we'll miss his cutlery and bowls and plates very much! Already the Lost Smoker and Mystery Wolf are lamenting the loss of the microwave. But a new guy has moved in, some guy from Italy, but he's from the northern border of Italy, so he spents loads of his time in Austria as well and speaks German too or something like that. (Psst, SweetRhapsody and the Duchess! Doesn't that sound like someone else we once knew too? A certain someone who keeps calling his lawyers, etc?) Hahaha!
Went over to the Duchess's flat on Monday night to watch the Lost Smoker's copy of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. We (we being myself, the Duchess, the Lost Smoker, Mystery Wolf, and the new guy) also ended up smoking loads and finishing off my Baccardi. I also brought over my shisha, with my brand-new tin of apple tobacco, and ended up ringing a few flats before finally finding someone who had charcoal to spare. Had the Gutter Philosopher demanding, "What do we look like to you, a grocery store?!?" down the phone at me. "Nooo," I wailed, "I just wanted to borrow some charcoal from some friends!" Finally got some from Shuddup, the dear boy! Baby Brother came over just as we were starting up the shisha and we finished off the night by piling into his car and heading down to Vic Park for a kebab. Well, everyone had a kebab, I had pizza, yum!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?