<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I had a dream on Friday night.
It was about butterflies.
I had caught the most beautiful butterflies and I had put them in a glass globe-shaped tank. There was water in the bottom half of the globe, with pebbles and plants, like an aquarium. The butterflies hovered at the top. It was their natural habitat. And then I noticed the globe was getting cracked. I turned it upside down and it broke as the water splashed down, breaking the glass globe and swamping the butterflies in a tsunami. I gathered that sodden mass of butterflies and placed them on a desk and ran around trying to find another aquarium for them before they regained consciousness and flew away. The Duchess led me into her room, this fantastic little room full of candles which looked nothing but a little like her room in real life, to find another aquarium. I started plotting to steall all her fantastic candles and candle holders, but time was of essence and i needed to find an aquarium before my butterflies revived so I grabbed a couple of porcelain dishes from her room and ran back to the butterflies. There, I realized they were not going to regain consciousness but had more or less died, having been crushed and drowned by the water when the bowl broke. I related the details of this dream to the Duchess as we sat in Wong's Restaurant the next day, having lunch, over the sound of the Lost Smoker singing "Tomorrow, Tomorrow".

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?