<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, September 22, 2005

Well, after I flopped into bed and drifted off into wonderful sleep, I woke up at eight thirty this morning. (Thursday is supposed to be my sleeping-in day! Nooo!) Got my stuff together and a couple of slices of toast and traisped out to make my way clear over to the other side of the campus to catch the bus. (By the way, the kind computer system at the Transperth website gave me the wrong info - I could just as well have caught a bus from right outside my flat rather then make a fifteen minute walk across the campus). Bumped into JP on the way to uni, it was nice to have someone to walk with and brighten up my day with all his funny stories in the early morning! And it was definitely a gloomy cloudy morning that morning! Wish I had someone to walk with tomorrow morning. Duchess! Fulfill your duty as a friend and get your lazy ass out of bed to walk me to class tomorrow! :D
Anyway, caught the bus into the city (and i had absolutely NO idea that the street which I was supposed to go to was in the city until I looked out the window and saw that we WERE indeed going into the city, and I was like "Oh! Wait a minute! A- Terrace IS in the city! I pass by that street thousands of times!" Doh!)
Got off at the right stop and then waited for about five minutes, out of which I was briefly terrorized by a couple of hooligans skulking on the other side of the bus stop (where IS my knife?!? I really need to start pulling it out again!), and I was definitely relieved when this middle-aged woman with a short crop do and this sweet old couple showed up. The bus finally shows up and I hop on, and start worrying that I might miss my stop. I needn't have worried, not even a blind person could have missed that hospital, the bus went right by the front entrance. I was the only person to get off at the bus stop; I wonder if anyone else on that packed bus wondered what kind of treatment I was receiving at the hosp, haha. Walked past an incredibly happy and noisy family who looked more as if they were out for a day at the park rather than at the hospital and got slightly confused for a moment at the number of blocks surrounding me. Anyway, I managed to get into the right block on the first try and made my way past gift shops and serene-looking ponds surrounded by loads of greenery and cafes full of old people and biker dudes with bandaged arms while following the very cunning signs directing me to the blue lifts which took me clear round the entire hospital.
Anyway, got to the sleep clinic, which, as you can imagine, was very quiet and hush-hush. The doctor whom I was interviewing was a very nice guy, and he's from my country as well! He's even from the same town which my mother comes from! We got through the interview quickly and he very kindly saw me out, and then back I went, traisping past odd paintings and gift shops and serene-looking ponds and cafes and out the hospital!
Then I spent another hour riding two long bus trips home.
Got home and had a most healthy lunch of mushrooms, tomatoes, vegetarian pasta and very odd-tasting potatoes courtesey of the vege cafe on campus, then hurriedly transcribed my interview, because Sam, the guy in charge of all the media equipment at Humanities, wouldn't allow me to keep the mini disc recorder for another day. Finally, headed back across campus to hand the recorder over to Sam, then got home and basically collasped!
Whew, what a day! I'm not used to expanding so much energy. And again, all that talking about sleep disorders and sleeping for my article just makes me want to go to sleep myself. My bed is beckoning to me very seductively.
Hmmm, what tonight calls for is a relaxation night. I foresee a great dinner, a hot shower, followed by a facial of Elizabeth Arden's hydrotherapy masque, which smells absolutely the greatest, like rose petals or something, maybe followed by some meditation time, since I haven't tried out that meditation CD in the meditation kit which Baby Brother's dad got for me, and light some candles, and some TV time too - they're showing Ghost in the Shell on the foreign channel tonight. The Lost Smoker told me about it and I caught last week's episode last night and it is fun! I haven't watched any anime in ages. Mmm. And Aik has some cheap red wine in the fridge which he welcomes me to finish off.
The only thing that threatens to ruin my relaxation night is the fact that I still have my first draft due tomorrow. Rats! Which means I'll have to work on it as well. Hmph.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?