<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, September 14, 2005

All right, all right, I said this in my last post but this really takes the cake. What a long time it's been since I've blogged! What excuses can I offer for my lack of updates? Haven't been blogging due to various purposes, amongst them the fact that I haven't been online much, and the reason why I haven't been online much is also due to various purposes, amongst them the fact that I've been too busy living my life. Ha-ha! However, due to the fact that loads of people have been clamouring for me to continue updating (even though most of them see me face-to-face everyday, for them my blog seems to be a kind of written confirmation that they were, indeed, graced by my presence on a daily basis and that we do enjoy happy experiences together), well, anyway, enough of this. I am going to blog as much as I can, or anyway, want to.
This is why I do not keep journals.
I am blogging today because I desperately need to nap but I have to stay awake until someone finishes with their dryers and allows me to dump my laundry into the dryer.
Due to my laziness, I shall just compile a list of things that have been happening since the last time I've blogged, instead of writing long posts about the past days. Things which I remember, anyway.
1) Went go-karting with the Duchess, Baby Bro, Prawn-Cousin, Prawn-Cousin's girlfriend, the Social Maple Leaf, and JP. It was the first time I ever went go-karting and although I went unwillingly (since I once swore never to try go-karting), it was pretty fun although the corners were very scary and I was the slowest person on the circuit. Even the younger kids were whizzing past me.
2) Have also eaten lots of Indian food. Am now sick of Indian food. We won't be having that for a little while.
3) However the Duchess has started working at The Maharaja as a Waitress In Black. Went to visit her on her first day with Baby Brother and his parents and the Prawn-Cousin, it was entertaining watching her being all meek and mild as she served diners.
4) Also was dragged out to a day of shopping yesterday by Baby Brother and the Duchess to get the Duchess a pair of practical black shoes for her job. Had fun shouting very loudly at the Duchess in the morning. Also prevented myself from buying any clothes - it was a triumphant feat.
5) *Smacks head*. How could I forget?!? The most important event of all! I TURNED 21!!! It was a relatively drunken birthday, of which I did not remember much, and of which the Lost Smoker triumphantly took a video shot of a post-birthday me sitting morosely at the kitchen table of Flat 28 and saying sadly, 'I told myself I wouldn't drink so much for this birthday. But I did." or some such thing like that. I now have quite a few snapshots on my camera of people whom I have met on my birthday but don't remember. I also keep bumping into people that I have met but don't remember. I suppose everyone had a good time. Hahaha!
6) The Mystery Wolf also turned 21 yesterday!!! One hour into her birthday we presented her with a chocolate cake that I and the Duchess had baked for her. We also each presented her with a glass of chivas to down, according to the Duchess it is a 21 birthday custom which I was not forced to go through with on my own birthday because I was drunk enough by then. Poor Mystery Wolf had a rough time of it taking down half a massive bottle of Chivas. She kind of threw up and passed out after that and couldn't take anything more for the rest of the day. But today is a different day so we expect her to drink mucho tonight. ;)
7) Managed to finish my interviews with and article on Wiccans, albeit with much hysteria after discovering that my deadline was much sooner than I thought it was. I am thankful to God for helping me out with this one. Am now pursuing an article on sleep disorders with determination not to miss the deadline this time.
8) Everyone is planning to get a tattoo. 'Nuff said. More on this later.
9) Went to the convention centre with the Duchess, Mystery Wolf, A. and the Lost Smoker to get our hands on loads of stolen goods that the good police force of this city have gained from raids on criminals and are now selling for really cheap prices. There wasn't much worth buying - nothing appealing to us anyway. I did end up with a whole bunch of books.
10) Speaking of books, I have also finally gotten my hands on the latest Harry Potter book, which the Duchess very kindly gave me as a birthday present! Thank you, honey! My inventory of birthday presents is as follows: 1 Harry Potter book, burnt brownies, and a birthday chocolate cake which I did not remember eating on my birthday but from all accounts from everyone else and what I heard it was very good - all this from the Duchess, that lovely friend o' mine; 1 bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin from the Soft-Spoken Socializer which I am still refraining from opening because there's still loads more to consume in the kitchen; 1 Cirque du Soleil zebra mask, 1 pair of lovely chandelier earrings, 1 LotteryWest crossword puzzle (from which I won $15) and 1 pair of false eyelashes(!?) from my sister, also she treated me to dinner at some fancy Italian restaurant which I was unable to enjoy because of a severe hangover; many silvery dick-shaped balloons floating around flat 28 courtesey of The Perfect Toast!; a surprise birthday card from the Hazelnut, that long-lost girl, a pretty pink watch that's just a tad little over-sized and which I would have to take to the watchmaker to fix it so I can wear it from Moon Von, and, well, I think that's it, actually. Everything was very lovely and I love all of the presents I got, thanks so much you guys!!! You're the best!!! HUGZ.
11) Ah, movies. Watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the other day. It was so-so. Had no cravings for chocolate. Johnny Depp's haircut was atrocious. Missed Pirates of the Caribbean and Who's Eating Gilbert Grape very much while watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?