<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, July 07, 2005

Okay I'm getting to the sad part now!
I stumbled off to bed after we got back from Oriels while SweetRhapsody and the Curly Pumpkin ran around packing and doing last-minute laundry. They promised to wake me up at seven thirty to return the car but we all overslept and woke up at eight thirty. By then we had gotten a parking ticket AND had to pay for extra mileage and hours at the rental office! Aaaargh! And since some of us were leaving we had to scramble to collect money and pay each other back for whatever the other owes. Jeez. But luckily LO has informed me that since our car was parked on the grassy verge we actually could appeal for our fine to be waived so I'm trying to do that right now since I think both SweetRhapsody and the Curly Pumpkin have forgotten to pay me their share of the fine before they left!
Anyway, after returning the car SweetRhapsody took the bus home to finish her packing (as well as clean the microwave for me!) while the Curly Pumpkin and I had yummy McD's breakfasts before heading down to the tattoo parlor (not the scary guy one, but the first one we went to in NB!). They made us wait ages there, we were waiting for at least an hour. And all the while we tried to occupy ourselves by looking at tattoo designs and pictures of people who have had their tattoos done there. Some were really cool. There was a picture of an old man in a bright turquoise g-string showing off all his tattoos all over his body. That was kind of disgusting, lol. We felt a bit like we were waiting in a dentist's office, especially when you could hear that needle thing going on in the other room. The Curly Pumpkin was definitely getting more and more nervous as we waited longer. The tattoo artist passed by and smiled at us and told her to just sit back and relax while waiting. RELAX? HOW CAN SHE RELAX? Lol.
Finally, he was ready for her. She lay down on her side (she was getting it on her hip, kind of towards her back) and he proceeded to tattoo. I could see that she was really nervous so I tried to get her mind off it by yakking about all kinds of nonsense stuff while occasionally craning my neck to see how the tattoo was going. That was so cool, I've never seen a tattoo actually being done in real life before. I wanted to ask him all kinds of things like the pain threshold for various parts of the body and stuff like that but didn't dare to in case the Curly Pumpkin got even more nervous. She started to calm down though, but I think it was a bit painful for her. But she was really cool about it and we were talking all kinds of shit and suddenly the artist went "Okay, take a look in the mirror." What? she's done already? That was fast! The scorpion is cool, she loves it. He puts a bandage over it and tells her to remove it in about an hour and wash the tattoo with warm water and soap before applying cream to it. He doesn't say what kind of cream. Later on, when the Curly Pumpkin peels off the bandage to wash her tattoo, we discover blood on the bandage in a perfect replica of her scorpion tattoo. It was kind of cool but a bit unnerving to realize how much blood she must have lost because of that tattoo. We took pictures of both her tattoo and her blood-stained bandage. I'll put up the pics later.
Anyway, we headed back after getting the tattoo done. When we got home everyone was in a frenzy packing, clearing out things, cleaning, returning borrowed belongings and donating unwanted stuff to the Salvation Army. I made loads of trips back and forth to my flat because I was taking SweetRhapsody's microwave off her, the Curly Pumpkin's pillows and bowls off her, and storing a lot of their stuff. My bedroom currently kind of half-resembles a store room ith boxes and bags everywhere. I should be charging people for this. However I have also gained enough grocery supples to last me at least a week.
Anyway, we are all finally ready and a maxi cab has been called to take all of us (SweetRhapsody, Curly Pumpkin, myself, White Rabbit, Little Bat, Silent Walker, the Dervish and the Colored Fringe) to the domestic airport. The cab takes ages coming and in the process of waiting, the lighter that Curly Pumpkin gives me gets destroyed by the boys. I don't know how they do that, they're engineers but they ruin everything that they touch. The cab finally comes and we all pile in. The White Rabbit and the Little Bat were running late for their plane so there was a bit of a rush getting their stuff checked in and we only got to say hurried goodbyes before they went through the gate. Then the rest of us headed down to the other end of the airport where we got SweetRhapsody and the Curly Pumpkin checked in, then waited with them outside the gate. SweetRhapsody and the Colored Fringe made a very touching couple; they were sitting beside another couple who were separating, and both couples kept moving in exactly the same position so they looked like clone couples. The Curly Pumpkin gave me last-minute directions on how to make apple crumble and Milo. The Silent Walker spent most of the time on his phone; he looked like he was selling and buying million dollar shares or something. The Duchess msged both myself and SweetRhapsody, she too is leaving on a plane from Kl to India and distressed at leaving her honeybunny aka the rabbit (not to be confused with the White Rabbit aka Ninja Crisis). Hmm, all this talk about rabbits makes me feel like having one for dinner. Roast rabbit. Yum. Okay, anyway, the gate opens and we all get up to say our good-byes. SweetRhapsody was crying. I felt like I was going to cry too but I didn't. It was really sad saying goodbye to her and the Curly Pumpkin!!!!!! We've been so close in such a short time and now we're all separating! SOB! Miss ya, jeje! Bewitched is coming out today and we won't even get to see it together! Aaaah!
Anyway, they finally depart through the gates. Me and the three boys start to leave. You could see that the Colored Fringe was pretty upset as well. The Silent Walker kept looking at me and asking if I was going to cry, aaah. We get out of the airport and raced to catch the bus to the city, I think I nearly twisted my ankle running in heels. I was planning to head home and be all depressed and abandoned but decided to accompany the guys who were planning to catch a movie. Better to be out then to be in and alone! We got to the city and met up with one of their friends who drove us to Carousel. The guys all decided to watch Batman but the Silent Walker and I have already seen that. He wanted to watch Mr and Mrs Smith because he had only seen the first half of it and I didn't really care because I've seen both movies so I offered to come with him to watch Mr and Mrs Smith. I'd rather watch Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt then Katie Holmes and Christian Bale anyway. (Brad Pitt takes precedence over Christian Bale in this instance because I don't like the way he looks in Batman, he was way more rugged in Reign of Fire! Haha!) Bumped into the 80s Laundry Dude and Jess who were also here to watch War of the Worlds with the Turbanator and Trevor and some of the other EUH people. Reminder: still have not cleared my name with Trevor and the 80s Laundry Dude. The Silent Walker isn't that silent after all, I now realize, lol. After Mr and Mrs Smith, we snuck into Batman Begins for the last fifteen minutes, then met up with the rest of the guys, then headed home.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?