<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, May 09, 2005

*Whew*
It's the procrastination weekend to end all procrastinations.
I was so planning to work hard and study hard and get all my presentations done in due time but nooo, it hasn't worked out that way at all! I should have known that my most social weekend of the semester would also coincide with the weekend with the most assignments due next week.
Actually, it's just that one presentation with the postgrad class that I'm more worried about. Bah. I hate those postgrads. Can it be possible to be both intimidating and boring at the same time? Because they are.
So let me tell you about all the socializing I've been doing this weekend! First, on Friday night, me, SweetRhapsody and the Duchess met up with this girl. We first met her at the place where SweetRhapsody and the Duchess has their eyebrows threaded and she's from Malaysia too, and we got to chatting and agreed to meet up some time soon. So she was having this dinner with her girlfriends in Northbridge so we all headed down there for dinner at Valentino's (the food wasn't too bad, we had chicken tortellini, some shrimp fettucini and lamb shanks with a couple of bottles of wine, but I didn't think too much of the lamb there) and after that we did a bit of club hopping from Varga Lounge to the Mustang Bar to Paramount to Universal Bar. We also met up with Von and her two friends who are currently staying in our flat; but we left them at Paramount. I had the most fun at Mustang Bar - I miss live bands!
Von had left her ID behind so she borrowed my driver's license to get into the clubs and it worked. Those bouncers never looked at us twice - and I was only ahead of her in the line by a couple of people. And no - Von and I definitely do not look alike, not even in pictures.
on Saturday night, the DESIs were planning to go to the SEXPO exhibition - it's supposed to be an exhibition of "sexuality, awareness, life" and that kind of thing, but it's just about sex really, wiht strippers and the biggest collection of sex toys and stuff in town, so SweetRhapsody, me, and the Duchess tagged along. They had all these really nice lingerie on sale there too so the Duchess and I grabbed some and the Duchess got herself a showbag full of goodies to *ahem* play around with. They had a male stripper but he was a little too built up for my taste. And SweetRhapsody got her palm read and a tarot card reading too, and the fortune teller was pretty accurate! And apparently she's going to be financially stable and have a love marriage which would last forever or something so yay her!
After the exhibition, we stopped off at Burger King to grab a bite, then the guys dropped us off at the Colored Fringe's house where I downloaded some advertisements on his Limewire before the Duchess and I walked back to EUH. We headed over to Flat 21, narrowly missing the sprinklers (we heard them gushing and screamed and legged it to the stairway just before they sprayed all over the lawn). The guys at Flat 21 were in a totally chilled-out mood, lying around the Tall One's room with candles burning in red and blue glass candle holders and the Tall One's usual collection of chilled-out music playing. It was pretty nice - but the atmosphere was a little too depressing for my taste that night, especially after all the fun we had earlier! The guys were pretty depressed too, it must be something in Flat 21 that night.
Anyway, today I was planning to stay at home and *ahem* work hard, but I woke up pretty late in the afternoon and right after consuming a handful of Frosties in bed, the phone rings and I had a feeling it was for me so I dragged myself out and down the hall to the phone. And it was the Curly Pumpkin! The Refugee's turning 27 on Tuesday so he's invited us to celebrate his birthday in Frio at a Mexican restaurant, and after that, the Little Creatures Bar. So we headed down to Frio. The restaurant was lovely, and the food was delicious and after that we headed to the Little Creatures where they brew their own beer and the place is like a huge warehouse or something by the ocean. It was also at Little Creatures where I ended up reading everyone's palm. A lot of people are going to take it pretty easy later on in life and the Guatemalan Eggshaker is going to have many women when he's an old man. We had planned on going home early *so we can do our work ahem* but we ended up driving down to the beach and walking barefoot in the sand which was so lovely and white and cold and then just sitting to watch the waves and the stars. The Guatemalan Eggshaker and this other guy were trying to figure out the two Pointer Stars and the Southern Cross but it was pretty confusing. "Are they pointing this way? Or that way? Why do I see two sets of Pointer Stars? Why are the Pointer Stars to the left of the Southern Cross rather than the top?" LOL. But it was so beautiful just sitting on the beach, by the waves and under the stars. But by the time we left the beach it was past midnight and I'm like "Gawd! I still have so much work to do! Aaargh!"
So now I'd better shut up and get to work! Wish me luck!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?