<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Tuesday, May 24, 2005

So last night I downloaded a bunch of movies but then found I couldn't open any of them, or at least I'd get the sound but not the video, and the Windows Media Player keeps trembling and insisting that it's got an error in downloading the required codec everytime I glare at it.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Well, like apparently hundreds of other people who have had the same problem and asked for help online, I have discovered the answer!
First, you download the Video Inspector from this website: http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?vtb (sorry, I'm a little too lazy to make nice ahref links).
Anyway, the Video Inspector is a nice tool which tells you exactly what you need to download in order to run your movies or whatever, unlike Windows Media Player which everyone complaints only trembles and squeals "Error!" and runs off without telling you what kind of error or whatever.
So anyway, the Video Inspector would usually tell you where to go as well to find the codecs you need to download to run your movies so it's a sweet thing.
For me, the problem was that I had to download Divx to get the video to run and I got it from here: http://www.divx.com
And the best thing is that all these downloads are free!
And, you know, the thing is if I had waited until tonight to ask all my friends what the problem was, they would have probably told me but the thing is most of my useless friends are off somewhere or other for the whole day and I couldn't wait because I'm not patient and look, I managed to solve the problem all by myself anyway. What a victory.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?