<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Its been a week since I've last blogged...my bad...
I've been meaning to blog but I just didn't feel like it during the past week...
So anyway a rundown on the latest...
SweetRhapsody and I ran down to the city last week to look at Rowe and Jarman shoes and have a quick bite at the Merchants Tea and Coffee and I dragged her to the bookstore ten minutes before the bus left to get Giants of The Frost by Kim Wilkins. It's a great book... but I didn't like the ending too much, but I can understand why it ended the way it did. Very realistic ending, but whyyyyyy!!!
Went to a persimmon farm during the weekend with my sis and that reminds me - I have persimmons and gold kiwis in my fridge. I'd better get everyone to eat some before they start rotting. I prefer normal green kiwis...I like the tart taste better then the gold ones...they're too soft for my liking.
I've probably mispelled persimmon too but I couldn't care less right now, I'm too lazy to go check up on the right spelling. We should just call them crunchy peaches anyway.
Watched Dreamcatcher last week....Duddits! That was adorable.
Also watched 50 First Dates and that was very sweet.
Over the weekend SweetRhapsody, me and the DESIs started talking about isolated sleep paralysis and then started swapping ghost stories and Baby Brother is getting the Old Hag Syndrome or isolated sleep paralysis thanks to me and SweetRhapsody, and then the ghost stories led to our Bony Nanny telling us all the fucked up stories of his life, some of which I don't think are true but are probably a little exaggerated but they were all so hilariously funny that I couldn't stop laughing.
Speaking of which, Bony Nanny's friend came over today with her sixteen month old daughter who is just positively adorable!!! And she likes my red sneakers and my red handphone so she's got good taste too. ;)
We also watched the 2005 Miss Universe pageant today...the one where Miss Canada won. For once, the stage setting was actually decent. It had been getting kind of lousy over the past few years. The final five contestants were all brunnettes and I'm glad. Go brunnette!
I've dumped a lot of stuff on my PC and gotten a new codec package which the Backstabbed Deaf-mute told me about, it can play lots of stuff like Divx and MKV programs so that's good and I get to watch Ayashi no Ceres at last!!! But it's been a real letdown so far, I like the manga better then the anime. I thought it would be the same, or even better since it's all in color and movement with music and stuff but I so way prefer the manga. Aya's kind of pathetic in the anime, she was a lot stronger in the manga. But I've only watched the first two episodes so far so....
I also managed to download episodes of Vampire Princess Miyu. This guy on the sharing system has loads of anime cartoons! I've been dying to watch Vampire Princess Miyu for ages!!! It's not too bad, but Miyu's constant giggling gets on my nerves. I feel like belting her one. And Larva keeps his mask on most of the time so you can't see his gorgeous face. *sigh*
Actually, come to think of it, I've always preferred the manga to the anime. For example, Houshin no Engi was way much more better in the manga because they could go into more detail there and they had more characters and so much more plot. I don't know about VPM because I only have a couple of the books and they were in Chinese and I can't read that. And the Ayashi no Ceres anime so far has not done any justice to the manga, even though the sequence of events have been almost similar. In fact, the only Japanese comic which I think I've really enjoyed both the manga and anime versions of was Samurai X. And Sailormoon! I really did love Sailormoon so much when I was a kid! (Stop rolling your eyes, every one of you!)
Okay, okay, I'll stop talking about manga and anime. Let's see, what else? I've got a load of assignments due this week but I can probably get away with handing up two essays on Monday morning at the crack of dawn. I've got to put together a contact book of the numbers I've called during all my radio news workshop and that's a LOAD of numbers so I'd probably be up all night trying to find the scraps of paper that I always write the numbers down on and then lose, and then alphabetize all of them. Sigh. And OOOH I haven't told you about the clothes I bought this weekend!
I got: One gorgeous magenta jacket with those cool drawing and sequin patterns here and there on the jacket AND it's hooded.
A pair of black cropped pants that my sister talked me into trying on even though I've always hated cropped pants as a rule and they looked so good on me that I ended up buying them.
A green "cabbage tweed" skirt, because it's made of tweed and it's got these stiff frills. Sounds weird but looks cool.
One dusty rose tank top.
Oh, and I don't know what I did to my ankle on Friday but as I was jumping to throw my towel over the top of the door I heard a CRACK and came back down hard on it and it HURT. And it kept hurting throughout the whole weekend (nothing too bad, I could walk on it but there was a dull ache) until Sunday night while I was trying on my new clothes again in my room and suddenly I turned my leg and there was another CRACK and I think it's kind of back to normal now.
Well I'd better get back to work. See ya!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?