<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Take me to the cleaners!
I forgot to write about our cleaning inspection!
Today all the flats were inspected for cleanliness. Might I add that last year, my flat NEVER passed a single cleaning inspection, we were always given a first warning. Sometimes a second. Occasionally a third. We don't know what comes after the third because we've never gotten that far but I think that's when they throw us all into the dungeons of hell to scrub forever as lowly servants. Na. Actually that's when they make us all pay for the services of a very expensive cleaning crew to clear up our mess so the thought of having to dig into our pockets always makes us all straighten up and grab our brooms.
Anyway! This year, so far, my new flatmates have proven to be efficient housemaids who clean so well that thus far we have passed our first two inspections. But this time I think everyone forgot about the inspection so when I came home last night, the kitchen was still in a liddle mess and nobody had bothered to do anything. I was kind of hoping that if I kept quiet about it, we wouldn't have to clean that night and I could just do it the next morning because I had bathroom duty and I HATE cleaning bathrooms.
Unfortunately, as I was sneaking in and thinking no one was around and doing a gleeful dance, I twirled, and mid-twirl, I stopped and screamed and almost had a heart attack because Moon Von was lying on the sofa, watching me.
Anyway, we started talking and I mentioned the flat inspection thing, hoping that she would back me up in pretending it wasn't going to happen, but for some reason she got all energetic and started taking out the vaccum cleaner and the brooms. She even offered to do the bathroom for me! I would have gladly accepted if it wasn't for the fact that I'd probably have to repay the favor some other day so sadly I took out the mop and some weird all-surface-spray thing that Moon Von had bought. By that time we had awaken the rest of the flat so all the guys were forced to come out as well and clean. The anti-social flatmate came out and just started doing his work without a sound. Aik came out dressed all in black like some gangster and moaned and cursed just like I was doing (great minds think alike!) and then took his bicycle away - the kitchen has sort of become a parking garage for it - and started cleaning. Poor James was woken up by the vaccum and started vaccuming the lounge with half-closed eyes, like he was still half-asleep. T didn't do much, the cunning fox, she just moved her shoes back into her room so that Moon Von could vaccumm outside her door and hid in there for the rest of the night. I think she must have had external cleaning duties, which is what everyone always wants because you never have anything to do. And I mopped up the bathroom floor and accidentally sprayed myself in the face with the stupid all-surface-spray thing which led me to curse and shout and run into the kitchen where everyone else was cleaning and grab some paper towels to prevent myself from growing blind. I tried telling everyone the spray-in-the-face incident today but I tried to tell the story four times and got interrupted just as I reached the climax every single time! It was oh so annoying. And three out of the four times I was interrupted by the Duchess and I just got so annoyed I refused to continue with the story, leaving her to beg after me to tell it to her. And when I finally tried to tell it to her again, she would interrupt me again! Grrr...I should have pushed her into the oven when I had my chance.
Anyway, we finished cleaning and I left the soapsuds on the bathroom floor to dry up and we all went to bed. And I woke up at sunrise and did some script work and was half-frightened by the sound of a bird trying to commit suicide against my window. Then I went back to bed again.
And oh! That reminds me! The fun that SweetRhapsody and I had frightening the Duchess! Last night we snuck over to her flat, which is on the ground level, and sneaked through the bushes to her window and started rapping on the window and making scary noises. The silence coming from behind the curtains was deafening. Finally, we moaned her name. There was a short pause. And then, "You assholes!!!"
You'd think she would have wised up to it after the first time we did it but she didn't. Heeheehee. Darling Duchess.
And finally, I would like to inform all of you, that my flat passed its cleaning inspection today! Our record this year is spotless! Cheers...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?