<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Sunday, April 10, 2005

Aching arms, left-handed killers, faux Woodstocks, and freezing balconies
Woke up this morning with my entire right arm aching. I could barely raise my arm to brush my teeth! I tried brushing my teeth with my left arm today but it didn't really work out. Note to self: gain ambidextrous skills. And not tell anyone about it. That way, when I kill someone with my left arm, the CSI people will fail to include me in their list of possible suspects since everyone will think that I am right-handed and therefore could not have embedded the unscrewed bedpost into poor Grissom's head a la Neville Strange at Agatha Christie's. They *might* suspect me of a backhand swing but my backhand is very weak and that is why I lost to Venus Williams in the final match at Wimbledon.
Why is my right arm aching? Because yesterday I went for my very first kendo training session in four months. And oh, it was bad. I have nearly forgotten everything and I got wiped to pieces by everyone. Not to mention the fact that my armor has disappeared and therefore I had to wear some guy's armor, which was too big, and the headpiece/helmet, known as the men, kept slipping over my face because it was just too huge. And all the beginners stared.
What's more, it was my first lesson right before the next grading examination! We went straight from practice to the grading. I had my doubts I would pass but miracle of miracles I did.
And right after the grading, I rushed back to EUH to see the faux Woodstock event they were holding. I arrived in time to see arms and legs trashing in the mudwrestling tub, then went for lunch with the Duchess, SweetRhapsody, Colored Fringe (and the Loner who showed up later). Then we walked back to EUH in time to see Smiling Matsumoto singing and playing his gee-tar and throwing his handphone off the stage. We screamed and whistled and applauded and didn't throw any rotten tomatoes because we didn't have them. Then we spent the rest of the day lazing on the grass in sunshine and jumping around in the bouncy castle and munching on food and watched the Cowboy and his friends put on a fire twirling show. It was nice to see all that fire but whenever they tried to juggle three flaming batons at once they kept dropping the batons and once or twice the flaming batons landed dangerously close to us! I was smart - I stood behind SweetRhapsody and peeked out over her shoulder. That way, if a flaming baton flies our way, she would be the first to explode into flames while I make a run for it. Of course, I would also be kind and run to turn the sprinklers on. I'm not *that* evil.
Anyway, the fire show came on as we slipped into a dusky evening and the tiki torches flared to life and the Duchess took a picture of me with a tiki torch, pretending i was a member of Survivor. (The Tribe has spoken! You're dead!) And I had a very good idea that, for added drama, if I should ever get onto Survivor and somehow, unbelievably, not win, I would scream "Nooooooo!" in a very heart-breaking manner when Jeff caps out my fire and fall to the floor and cling onto my Tiki torch and refuse to leave and be dragged out screaming and kicking. That would up the ratings very much, don't you think?
After that, we lay on the grass looking up at the stars and shivered in the cold and listened to the last two bands. They were pretty good - the first one was the band in which both the Guatemalan EggShaker and the Sarcastic Refugee were playing in. The Guatemalan EggShaker played the guitar and the Sarcastic Refugee played the drums (he played the drums for three bands! I suggested to him that he should change outfits and maybe try a hat with attached faux braids so that people would think he was three different drummers. He didn't take the hat suggestion but he did change T-shirts haha). And the band also had an Aussie guy who also had a solo on the piano which was a beautiful heartbreaking song that he wrote although I wondered if he hit the wrong chords at the end of the song or if the jangly part was on purpose. And there was also some other Mauritian guy who sang most of the songs and had a pretty good voice. After that they had a band whom I think is also from Mauritius although I'm not sure, and they sang in French and their songs were really great. But my mother called then and I ran off into the trees to talk to her so I missed most of the set, although I could still hear them playing.
After the last band, the Duchess and I went up to the Tall One's flat/bar where we sat on the freezing balcony and chatted with the Tall One, the Soft-spoken Socializer, and a bunch of other people who came and went and had a few drinks and smokes and chips and some shisha and listened to Bob Marley and Buddha Bar and basically just chilled out. Though once or twice i went back and forth between the Tall One's flat and SweetRhapsody's flat to grab cigarettes and prawn crackers and met strange people like the two headless guys behind the lamplight who told me to take good care of my mother. The Tall One's balcony has a great view of the entire EUH and you can see everyone walking and we kept seeing the Loner walking alone and Shuddup and the Dervish walking about like lost souls (they're probably lost because Bones is away being a Mother Hen to some children that he's babysitting for, the poor kids). Finally, exhaustion from being up since seven thirty and being attacked and graded and bouncing around in castles took over and the Duchess and I went home to our warm beds. And now it is a bee-yoo-tiful Sunday afternoon and I have just had McDonald's while watching The Sweetest Thing (I never did catch the ending the first time I saw it) and now I'm off to SweetRhapsody's so good-bye!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?