<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, February 02, 2005

So tonight I saw Marcus again. And we spoke together in the garden.
About what? About life, about how it feels the first time you get cut off from everyone and realize that sometimes, in life, there are times when you have no one to depend on except for yourself and you had better be strong or else you won't survive.
I asked Marcus if he ever felt lonely in his long lifetime around this world. And he said sometimes he did. "But then," he says, "who doesn't? Even the happiest person in the world, even the darkest devil, does. Why do you think Hades wanted Persephone? He felt lonely. He thought that she could chase away that loneliness."
"Did she ever?" I wondered.
Marcus shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe Hades was just delusional. Maybe she did for a while, but there has to be times when the same old cold feeling comes back to his heart when she's still around."
"Just like a guy," I said dismissively. "You are all the same. It's really the thrill of the hunt that you're after."
"Which is probably why her mother had the right idea," Marcus chuckled. "Take her daughter away from Hades for at least six months of the year. That way he'll appreciate her a lot more."
"I bet Hades never appreciated the things his mother-in-law did for him," I said, sighing.
"I doubt any guy ever does," Marcus said.
"That's so stereotypical," I say.
"So is Hades," Marcus said.
We kept quiet for a while.
"Do you think Hades is ever mad at you for cheating him?" I asked him.
"You mean of my life?" Marcus shrugged. "Who knows?"
"You cheated life too, I think." I stared out over the flowers drenched in moonlight and darkness. "You cheated everyone."
He laughed. "That's me, the universal cheater." He paused. "Sooner or later, he'll get me though."
"That's what I like about you, Marcus," I say. "You're such a realist."
I don't think he liked that. He left again soon after. Marcus, the unpredictable realist.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?