<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Friday, February 11, 2005

So it's the second day of Chinese New Year and i've had to endure many boring stifling visits to see all the relatives which I usually do my best not to see for the rest of the year. Except my maternal grandmother. I love her because she's so adorable. Even her slowness doesn't lesson my love for her. Nor the fact that she used to wreck the toilet. Or the fact that we hardly understand what each other says and just smiles and pretends that we do.
And apparently it's a good year for the Rats so yay me!
Already when the whole family - okay, just my family and my mom's brother's family - sat down to play blackjack, i got blackjack in the first two rounds! And I made money this time! This rarely happens whenever we gamble. Hooray for luck.
It's the year of the Rooster so it's my sister's year. Chickens are running around everywhere. Disney's Chicken Little movie is coming out this year.
And I've been gorging myself for the past week on food. Food, food, food. Must...stop...eating...
I've been mainly stuffing myself with mushrooms, which everybody is serving all kinds of this year for some reason, and loads of prawns and pork chops, that vegetable dish that we always get on CNY but i don't really know what it's called, tofu, roast duck, smoked duck (which i only took one piece of and then couldn't figure out how to eat it because i couldn't figure out where the bone left off and the meat began), all these different kinds of noodles and cookies and chips... but so far there has only been one of those four season dish thingies that they always serve on CNY too but I have no idea what goes in it but I love it anyway. Boooooo......
And since the first day of Chinese New Year coincides with Ash Wednesday, people like my mom are torn between their race and their religion. Luckily for them, the bishop has announced that we can gorge ourselves on Ash Wednesday and fast on Friday instead. So when my uncle, my mom's brother, announced that he was giving a dinner on Friday night, my mom made him change it to today. Hahaha.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?