<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, January 20, 2005

So today I was driving screamingsour (welcome back home, gurl!) back to her house, it was all raining and foggy and misty, and I remarked on how apropros the weather was just as we were getting to her neighborhood because it's so reminiscent of how creepy her neighborhood is whenever I drive her home really late at night. And then we go by the park where the streetlight shining on the grass makes it look all foggy and I yak about how it looks like zombies are going to suddenly rise up out of the earth and screamingsour reminds me that I'll be the one driving by herself past this park on the way home after dropping her off.
And so after kicking her out at her house and throwing her purse after her (just kidding, I let her get out by herself safely and with her purse! ;D) I made a nice three point turn and let the car roll back out of her cul-de-sac. And as I was happily rolling past the zombie park when I reach up with one hand to check if I had hit the auto door lock when suddenly I feel this cold hand on top of mine.
And before I could shriek or send the car flying off the road, this voice whispers in my ear.
"It's been a long time."
And YES, it has been! It was Marcus!!!!!!!!

Yes, long-lost Marcus last seen heading to Europe or wherever, who promised he would be back by Christmas or New Year's at the least and then never showed up!
Still the same old enigmatic Marcus. Offers no excuses whatsoever for his lateness. Instead he goes, "You've changed. You're changing, everything's changing. I'm changing. We're all changing. I don't know if we can ever go back to the old times."
And I'm like "What???? Now what's all that about??? So you change and I change. Big deal. Everyone's constantly changing. You of all people should know that."
And so it goes on, his avoiding my questions and giving me loads of crap answers. And in the end he admits he's been in some trouble (which involves burying a dead fetus and no, it's no normal human's fetus nor is it Marcus's or mine, and having some rituals and us arguing like usual and exchanging some blood which at first just gets washed away in the rain). And so we solve it and by the time we finish everything, it's time for him to go and maybe he'll hang around for a couple of days and maybe he won't. We'll see how things go. Things are changing around here. And we'll just have to see how it goes.
And by the way his fang has regrown very nicely and it just makes me want to rip it off again. Giggle. But I won't because he's feeling especially bleak these days, by which I mean even bleaker than he usually is, so I'll be nice to him now, poor Marcus.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?