<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Please get a room!!!
I just realized that although I haven't seen the Tiny Athlete for ages, I realize I can keep up with everything that's going on in her life through her MSN nick. Like, for example, I know she has a new boyfriend now, that they just got together before he left for manila, and that she misses him a lot.
And for heaven's sakes! Like, does she have to write everything down on her nick for everyone to read? Why not take out a newspaper ad? It's kind of like pretty obvious she wants everyone to know all about it!
And for the record, I really don't understand people who write these kind of things on their MSN nicks or their Friendster pages or whatever. It's like "I'll miss you my darling" or "Feeling so loved because of someone..." Darling, we all know who that someone is, don't be afraid to write his/her name! And for godsakes, you've probably already told that person you miss them or love them or whatever, you don't have to leave it on your nick for them to read it later or to tell the rest of the world how you feel. If you really have to, put it all down in a note for your loved one. Or a memo and circulate it.
I understand people who add things on their MSN nick like "Busy doing assignments" or "I'm at class". If it's something like that, I get. But the thing about people who advertise their relationships, there's just something too, I don't know, like they're village people or something. I'm not saying that because I'm jealous of their relationships, it's that I feel there's something unrefined or undignified or whatever about them. It's like the difference between J Lo's and Jennifer Garner's relationships with Ben Affleck.
I mean, if my boyfriend ever wrote a bunch of gushy testimonials about me on Friendster, something that goes along the lines of "I love her so much, she is the sunshine of my life, the sun that rises in the morning, seas will ebb but my love for her will never fade away, my sweetheart, my boo" and all that kind of shit, I will LAUGH. Then i will delete his testimonials as swiftly as I can. Then i will call him to LAUGH at him. Because, even if those testimonials are sweet as hell and romantic and sentimental, I hardly doubt that any of those are sincere. These kind of words sound like they could be uttered to anyone. You n otice that people who write that kind of shit always feels that way about every boyfriend/girlfriend they have, so it's obvious they ain't very sincere people. I'd prefer something like "My girlfriend is so cool, she always gives me this feeling like she could bite off my head and suck the blood out of me if I disagree with her." Something like that. Let's conduct our luuurve in private, folks. My boyfriend and I will look cool and hip when we're out in public, like the fantastic good-looking couple who couldn't care less about one another because our hands are only just resting on one another's hips, not in each other's pants. We smile and flirt with other people as we are out about, not fondle one another and tell each other "oh, honey buns, you are so sweet" in front of all our other friends. Then we tear each other's clothes off in private. Now that's love.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?