<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, January 31, 2005

Don't you love it when people willingly demonstrate how stupid they are?
This was in the paper the other day.
In New York, a hip-hop station called Hot 97 was forced to apologize after airing a song which used racial slurs to mock the tsunami victims. The song was played by the morning DJ, an African-American lady called Miss Jones, real name Tarsha Jones, and has stuff in it like "screaming chinks" and "little Chinamen being swept away" and how the tsunmai "washed your whole country away."
Pause.
Points finger at Miss Jones and whoever came up with that song.
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Pause.
"HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH!"
Has Miss Jones forgot her geography lessons? I didn't bother to read up too much about the tsunami but from what I heard the worst of it hit Indonesia, not China! I don't even know if the tsunami touched Chinese shores, but if it did, I doubt it was as huge an impact as in Indo. Indonesia and China are two different countries with different races living in them! True, there are Chinese living in Indonesia but I think the real damage was done to the non-Chinese people not the Chinese. Come on, you people want to make fun of helpless victims who have lost their homes and practically everything they loved and cherished not to mention their loved ones, then please make sure you make fun of the right victims. At least get their race correct, if you wanna make racist slurs. I think that Miss Jones and Co have just won the award of proving themselves the most stupid racists in the world, formerly beating the KKK"Oh we're not promoting violence, we're just promoting hatred".
And that's not just it. Miss Jones, as well as her co-host Todd Lyn, whose own race is not mentioned in the newspaper, are not just done demonstrating how dumb they are.
According to the article, one of the station's newsreaders, Miss Info, who is of Asian descent, objected to the song, only to be told by Tarsha Jones: "I know you feel you are superior because you're Asian but you're not."
Er.....
Right. Brilliant comeback, Tarsha. You're slurring her part of the world, her roots, not to mention you probably dissed the wrong Asian people. (I bet you think Korea and Japan are the same country too). What do you want her to do, cheer you and you stupidity on? And what kind of a comeback is that anyway? It makes absolutely no sense to the issue being discussed here. I mean, really. All I can say is that New York is lucky that you're only a DJ and not a lawyer. Case closed!
And that's not the end of it, folks! Jones's co-host, Todd Lyn, is not satisfied with this so far and feels the need to enter the limelight of embarassment as well! The article I read also quotes Todd Lyn saying: "I'm going to start shooting Asians."
Well, the one thing we can give Todd is his ambiguous usage of the word "Asians" so we won't pick up on the fact that he too is probably unsure of exactly which Asian countries the tsunami actually hit. (Oh, too late, Toddy! It didn't work. Oh well. Better luck next time.) And let's run that quote again: "I'm going to start shooting Asians."
Er?
Hel-lo, these people just lost their homes, just lost their loved ones and all their belongings, they didn't attack you! Sure, right, that's what any rational person would do. "Oh, you lost all your belongings? Right, I think I'll add to your misery by shooting you as well!" Really, this is so big of Todd, doesn't that demonstrate his total macho-ness, his amazing intelligence, the possibility that he is probably secretly a member of the KKK or one of those lunatic criminals you always see on Law & Order? I mean, I thought those allegations of George Bush ordering attacks on innocent Afghan wedding parties were bad enough. Now America (or at least the Todd Lyns of America) want to shoot Asians too. At least George Bush could claim it was because he thought the Afghan bride attacked the Twin Towers. Todd Lyn's possible excuse? "Oh, I thought I'd start shooting down Asians because, you know, the tsunami washed over their country. It's an evil thing. You don't know when these Asians might start launching any more tsunamis at us. The new natural weapon of mass destruction, you know."
Thanks, Todd, let's hope you don't become State Secretary of Defense anytime soon.
Russia, watch out. You may be next. Or maybe France. Or even England. With Hot 97's Todd Lyn Version 2.0 of American Intelligence, you never know what kind of bogus reasons they might come up with for shooting your people. If a tsunami which didn't even touch their shores can offend them, all I can say is, you never know!
The only good news is that with their bad sense of direction, they'll probably miss your people altogether and end up shooting themselves in the foot instead.
Come to think of it, Americans are not exactly reknown for their navigation skills are they? What with all the could-be-true rumors I heard about even their current President mistaking Australia for Afghanistan on a globe and hitting the wrong targets in Middle East all the time. Okay, that's enough George Bush hits for the moment. I didn't mean to get into a whole Let's-Attack-America moment. I'm big enough to acknowledge that not all Americans are idiots like the members of Hot 97.
The article I read goes on to further state: "Jones and the station's programme director John Dimick both read on-air apologies yesterday."
I don't know about this John Dimick, but I guess Jones obviously had to read her apology because I highly doubt she's sincerely apologetic enough or smart enough to string together a decent sentence that doesn't highlight the fact that she was obviously dropped on the head as an infant. From a very great height. Who knows, they were probably afraid that, if left alone to write her own apology, she might say something like: "I'm truly sorry to have broadcasted material which mocked the tragic events happening in Asia. I just want to say I never meant to treat this lightly, I mean, Asia's my number one favourite country in all of China. There's nothing like Asia. If I could, I'd get my ass down to Japan to help all the poor Indonesians who lost their lives in the earthquake."
And, you know, honestly, this was so uncalled for. It's not even about ignorance. I didn't get hit by no tsunami nor do I personally know anyone whose lives were affected by the tsunami and I wasn't all teary-eyed or whatever and I don't think I donated anything for the victims even but you don't see me going around making geographical mistakes or mocking any victims on national radio. And furthermore, when the Twin Towers were hit by airplanes, you didn't see Asia radio stations broadcasting any songs about "screaming niggers" or "screaming white foreign devils" and "little foreign devils tumbling to their deaths." We never said anything like that. But then a tsunami happens in Asia and suddenly this radio station called Hot 97 runs eagerly on its little doggy legs to broadcast things like "screaming chinks" and "little Chinamen being swept away" and don't even stop to think, "You know, by broadcasting all this, we're acting like real arses."
And the worst part of it all? It's not even the insults. They didn't even manage to insult the correct people! No, no, no, as far as I'm concerned, these people should be found guilty and banished to some godforsaken little island with their hands and feet bound and their heads dangling in shark-infested waters because the other option of allowing them to inflict such idiocy on the rest of the world is really too unpardonable a crime.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?