<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, December 29, 2004

And how was your Christmas day???
Well, none of my presents were surprises since I pretty much picked most of them out myself and my sister, at the very least, showed sincere delight with her present (she should, it cost me a fortune!) and the rest of the family displayed a relatively good show of gratitude as they should. Pah. Ingrates.
Me and Potato went for the midnight mass for Christmas Eve, with both of us wondering why we were going since no one else seemed to be going this year. We ended up sitting on a bench outside and criticizing everyone (lousy clothes, no cute guys) and everything about our church. Mass was terrible! What happened to the Christmas plays? The choirs? The cute altarboys in their blood red robes? They didn't even have the blood red robes this year! Where were all the fun Christmas decorations - the little snowmen and snowy cottage ornaments that they recycled every year? Why did they have to paint our once-beautiful church such a yucky yellow color? I mean, I'm not exactly in the running for Ms. Holy (more like in the running for the first to be burnt at the stake) but honestly. This is too much. This is another example of things which you never except to change changing. I always imagined I'd go to this church forever and see my other unholy friends here forever and get married here and bring my kids here and send them to confirmation and let them mix with my unholy friends' unholy kids but at this rate I don't think I'll last long at this church. Not at the rate it's going. No one fun even goes to this church anymore. At least the church in the Most Isolated City in the World that I went to this past year got points for super-Gothic architecture that looks out of a movie set where heroes fight vampires.
Things changing all the time...always happening now...Everything changes. Nothing ever stays the same, even the things you feel would always stay the same. But what can you do but bow and bend and follow the winds of change?
Potato and I left early with Diaphragma. We went back to Potato's house where Carrot and some of his friends had already started the flames of a bbq. So we just ate and drank lots of red wine.
Someone (I can't remember who) pointed out a couple of things while Kelly-Mandy and I were hanging out at Laughing Liz's place tonight. 1) Christmas is probably one of the most depressing holidays of all time, which if you think about it, is quite true, and is probably because of all that pressure to have a perfect and jolly Christmas and 2) things like New Year's, Christmas, and Valentine's Day can sometimes be such a pain in the ass.
Today was musical day! Watched the Phantom of the Opera at Midvalley Mall and...get yourself ready for this...BARBIE!!!!!! Yes, yours truly has finally gotten her hands on the latest Barbie movie! The Princess and the Pauper! I got all giddy just looking at the girly pink cover. A lot of people I know are shaking their heads at me, my mom included. My sister supports me. And, you know what, the songs are nice.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?