<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, October 18, 2004

Those Who Wander Are Not Lost.
Today is beautiful!!!!! Warm, sunny, perfect weather. It was like that the whole weekend. And it's going to be like this the whole week. I'm like "yessss!"
I wonder if this means that I'm a summer person. Because don't get me wrong, I love thunderstorms and the whole idea of winter and all but for some reason my first winter here just got me so damn depressed. Does that mean I have SAD? I hope not. But summer is here now!!!!!!
I have achieved the perfect sunkissed golden tan without trying in just a few days. And I'm not even one of those girls who wants to be tanned. But I look good anyway. ;)
What I did this weekend: (we'll start on Friday even though technically my weekend begins on Wednesday night which I already spoke about ;) )
Friday afternoon: tried to find my way down to mosman beach for the kitesurfing event in the Gravity Games with the Curly Pumpkin. Transperth doesn't even know that mosman beach exists! Through our combined geographical powers we figured out that leighton beach is right next to mosman and got down to leighton and there was nothing in sight. We thought that we had gotten lost after all and were just wandering down the beach when we came across this car that said "Those Who Wander Are Not Lost". We took that as a sign and kept wandering on down the beach and, what do you know, in not less than five minutes we found mosman!!!!!!
But the sucky thing was that the event had been called off due to lousy wind conditions. Pah. We got to hang at the beach anyway. And "Those Who Wander Are Not Lost" is now our motto.
Friday night: We wanted to go to the Octoberfest at the uni tavern but it turns out we had to buy tickets beforehand, not at the door, and we were so pissed because you could see tons of people drinking and having a great time inside the doors. So we went home and got dressed up and went clubbing at Varga Lounge with Sweet Rhapsody and the Ninja Crisis instead! Unforch, Varga closed shortly after two. Bah.
Saturday morning: Overslept and missed kendo training. Bah.
Saturday afternoon: Went to the Festival Village (another Gravity Games event) with the Curly Pumpkin. It was FUN. There were tons of ppl and there was SUN and we got our hands on lots of free fun stuff and ate hotdogs and nachos by the river and watched skateboarders, cyclists and motorcyclists do their stuff on the ramps. They were HOT. Also bought the most comfortable white pair of sandals in the world! Later, there was some band playing and I think the lead singer was channeling the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. We just lay on the grass in the sun. Mmm.
Saturday night: Dinner at some posh Korean restaurant with my sister and her friends. Went back to her house and got bored listening to them talk. Went back to EU and watched movies with Sweet Rhapsody, the Ninja Crisis, the Curly Pumpkin and JJ.
Sunday afternoon: overslept and was awakened by kendo ppl calling to find out when I was coming for the barbecue. Oops! Threw on some clothes and rushed down to meet the Mini Girl who drove me in her cute Mini Cooper over to the bbq. It was a lot of fun!
And I haven't done a shred of work this entire weekend! Whoops!
Book Review!
Just finished reading the Bergdorff Blondes, this book by Plum Sykes who is one of my three favourite NY Vogue contributors because she wrote an article about Kate Moss (the other two are Vicki Woods and some other New Orleans girl Julie Or Julie Something Or Other). Bergdorff Blondes is about filthy rich Manhattan chicks. Nothing deep but it was a fun extravagant read with an emphasis on extravagant. You'll just go "These chicks are not for real, are they?!?" and wish you had their bank account.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?