<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Tuesday, October 26, 2004

A Murder Script.
Today in Creative Writing, we had to write a scene in class which is about a relationship coming to an end. I did mine on a murderer and his victim, and obviously their relationship is ending because he's going to kill her. This is what the quick rough draft looks like. The dialogue is supposed to be aligned center but everytime I try to align it center, the rest of the script follows along even though I'm just selecting the dialogue pieces. So it's all going to the left. Anyway...Enjoy!

EXT. FOREST CLEARING – NIGHT
JOE MENDEZ is dragging GABRIELLE SUTTON into the clearing. There are stones everywhere, resembling tombstones. She is crying, gasping. He is holding a gun and is silent, his face an expressionless mask. He shoves her down on the ground in the middle of the clearing, where she half-lies, half-kneels, still crying. The only other sound besides GABRIELLE crying are the crickets chirping.

GABRIELLE:
(crying)
Please…oh, God, please don’t do this.

JOE:
(toneless voice)
God can’t help you now.

GABRIELLE:
I thought we were friends.

JOE:
We are.

GABRIELLE:
Then don’t do this!

JOE appears to waver for a moment. He seems to be touched by GABRIELLE’S plea. But a moment later, he reasserts himself and points the gun at GABRIELLE’S head.

JOE:
(still seems a little uncertain)
I-I have to. He told me to do this. I must do as he says.

GABRIELLE:
(wild, nearly hysterical)
Who? Who told you?

JOE:
(almost dreamily)
He goes by many names. Some call him Luke. Or Lucifer. Or Beelzebub.

GABRIELLE:
Oh…my…I’m going to be killed by a fucking Satanist!

JOE:
He told me you wouldn’t understand.

He cocks the gun at GABRIELLE, preparing to pull the trigger.

GABRIELLE:
Please…please…no! I thought you were my friend…You lied to me…

Her voice lowers to a near whisper as she bows her head over.

GABRIELLE: (CONT’D)
We kissed…

JOE pauses. He appears to be listening to her. He stares at GABRIELLE, bowed over on the dirt.

GABRIELLE:
We kissed…

JOE:
Yes, we did…

GABRIELLE:
I thought it was special…

JOE shakes himself. He glares at GABRIELLE.

JOE:
As special as it was kissing my sister?

GABRIELLE freezes. She slowly raises her head, a shocked look on her face.

GABRIELLE:
What…how…..

JOE:
(getting angry)
You kissed my sister! I saw you! I saw the two of you, kissing like panting dogs!

GABRIELLE:
You…you saw? But how…

JOE is no longer listening. He appears to be out of control. He waves the gun angrily in the air. His face is contorted with rage.

JOE:
You betrayed me! Both of you! Just like he said you would. Everyone betrays me.

GABRIELLE:
Oh, God, but how? No! It was a mistake! I swear to you, it was a mistake, I didn’t mean…

JOE:
Too late.

Cut to the forest, where all is quiet except for the chirping crickets. Then, suddenly, the sound of a gun firing.

And she's dead! yay! Hope ya liked it! ;)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?