<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, July 21, 2004

The weather's gone all windy and rainy. I'm watching the trees battle against the wind from my window.
Went to watch King Arthur this weekend. It wasn't too bad...though it claimed to be sticking closer to the true facts than the legend, it was still kind of off-track muahahaha....and I thought Lancelot was suppose to be handsome!!! Why does Ion Gruffud look like some sleazy bar manager with his mustache??? He even acts like a sleazeball...peeping on Keira Knightly!
I got a better look at the round table! It's not as modern as it looks in the trailer lol but there's a big brazier in the center of the table so the knights can still have their steamboat...hahahah... 

Pic taken from: http://www.empiremovies.com/movies/2004/king_arthur.shtml
 
Yesterday I went book-trawling and cased practically every bookshop in Perth for Glenna McReynolds' novels. And would you believe it, not one of them have any of her books in her stock. What lousy bookshops this city has. They've got nuthin' on MPH and Kinokuniya. I had to order the book from Angus and Robertson.
After running through the rain around the city (i did not consider all that drizzle worthy of an umbrella) headed to my sister's house to dry out and munch on pizza for dinner while watching Big Fish. The trailer looked way more exciting.
When I reached my flat again, it was still windy but had stopped raining. I caught handfuls of wind while walking home. When I was hunting for my keys, I noticed some strange girl in the flat looking back at me through the window. Turns out she's the latest flatmate. She's pretty nice and seems fun too. We both chat a little, then she went to take a shower. Just got into my room when Joy calls and Mellie's with her!!!!! AND they were drinking! Without me!!! So what happens next but I end up on MSN with them, watching them drink JD on joy's webcam and me drinking along with them on my own JD in Perth and both of us blasting our music and talking all kinds of shit online. This is what technology does to you. Virtual partying. Later Joy goes off to walk Mellie home and I go out to chat with my new flatmate and her friend and we end up fagging and talking all kinds of nonsense....i was talking all kinds of shit anyway cuz I was already high.
After finally going to bed, what happens next but I wake up at six am with a mild hangover and intense craving for KFC. So what I do next is go into the kitchen and fry ham and eggs! The wind was still howling a gale outside and what with the smell and the sound of ham sizzling and the fire burning, I felt like I had been thrown back to the good old nomadic days where you get drunk at night, wake up early in the morning and start a fire and fry some ham while the desert wind screams all around you and the sun rises. Then after that I went back to bed.
Woke up a coupla hours later and dragged myself through the rain to sort out some stuff about my semester. Dragged myself back (my poor high heels!) in time to meet some new guy - the last flatmate to move in this sem. He's from Denmark. So we are all now six...
I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Ciaoz!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?