<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Thursday, July 08, 2004

Shop Music: Black-Eyed Peas Elephunk
Weather: Cold!
Sky Lantern: Tonight's a clear night so we can see the stars again; moon is entering last quarter (last half) tomorrow.

Got my hair trimmed and added a red streak today. I ended up going to two hair salons because the first one, Just Cuts, offered only, erm, just cuts. Their prices were pretty cheap - 19 bucks a cut. Then I got my hair colored at Antonios Hair Studio. It turned out pretty well and I think I may get a few more streaks. I love and hate going to hair salons. Hate 'em because I get so scared for my hair (after more than just a few disastrous visits to hair salons) and love 'em because all that massaging and blow-drying and beautifying just makes you feel like a queen. Just Cuts was pretty good and with such a good price too! i got a bit frightened when she started snipping the front part but she showed me that she was just shaping, not chopping off more than an inch, and i relaxed - hahah - and in the end it turned out pretty well. C went with me and after watching me, she wanted to cut her hair too and got a fringe, but it's a little one that she can tuck under her sides so you can't really see much of it. Then we headed off to Antonios but the hairdresser couldn't fit me in until three thirty so we went off for lunch, then C went shopping while I went to get my hair done. Their hair-washing seat (where they lean you back over the basin) is sooo comfortable, unlike this hair salon I once went to back home which was so damn uncomfortable I thought my neck was going to break plus the haircut wasn't even the one I wanted! That put me off hair salons for soo long. Anyway, verdict, loved both salons and the prices were good. ;)
I am not even going to say that this is too much about my hair. You can never talk too much about hair. Hair is very important.
I can't wait for my sister's reaction when she sees my streak. She will totally disapprove of it (too unnatural and freaky) and complain that it makes her feel unbalanced, the same way my ultra side parting several years back did.
Speaking of hair, Joy had her hair colored too! It's really scary how so many...er..parts...of us are connected. Hmmm, that last sentence doesn't sound right.
Speaking of Joy, I was just outlining my complains of the new King Arthur movie, apparently directed by Jerry Bruckheimer of Pirates of the Caribbean and one TV series on TV which I can't remember at the mo, and this is what I have noticed about King Arthur (and this is all just from the trailers I saw on TV and in cinemas so can you imagine how much more I have to say when I actually see the movie?
1) It's great that Hollywood is supporting feminism movements now but somehow I really can't see guinevere being all strong and powerful the way they depicted her in the movie. I thought she was supposed to be blonde and weak and all she does is seduce arthur and lancelot so we can all hate her. (which in that case, gwyneth palthrow would be perfect for the role)
2) When guinevere tells someone whom we can't see in the trailer "my father told me great tales of you", well, we're all suppose to assume it's arthur or at least lancelot, but honestly, do you really want to fall for a guy is so old that even your father looks up to him? It'll make sense if she was talking to Merlin. And while i was telling Joy this, I hit on a brainstorm: Guinevere actually ran off with Merlin who uses his magic powers to frame Lancelot to throw Arthur off his trail! That explains why Merl was missing in action in the usual King Arthur stories - Nimue didn't really lock him in a cave, she was covering for him!
The movie and my theories are busy tearing down all the old King Arthur legends.
3) I only caught a glimpse of it in the trailer so I may be wrong on further close inspection but why on earth does the Round Table in the movie look like a cross between Donald Trump's business room and a Star Wars Jedi meeting room? It looks so modern and futuristic and this is suppose to be a period movie! How come they have such cool lighting? And why is the table so huge with what looks like a big hole in the middle? No wonder the knights of the Round Table split up in the end, the table was so big they could barely recognize one another's faces from the distance. No room for intimacy there.
Btw, the new summer blockbuster movie trend this year seems to be robots, the way meteors were big a couple years back and also sailor movies.
Must go now. Angel is on!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?