<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, June 28, 2004

The Story of Today
So if the other day was a good day, then what makes today?
First of all, I lost something in my room, and it's incredibly tiny which will make it all the more harder to find.
Then as i was going out to do laundry, i brushed against the incredibly rough wall outside my flat (what is it with the walls here? they're incredibly dangerous) and my finger hurt so bad i had to put down my laundry basket and take a look at it and it was bleeding sooo bad that i nearly fainted. I have never seen so much blood pouring out of me in this life, all scarlet and ripe and pouring profusely out of just one finger cut! That was a really good gash. It's a good thing Marcus isn't around otherwise the sight of all that blood would have probably made him forget that we were friends. Ran back into my flat and poured water all over the cut but it just wouldn't stop bleeding. I have a zillion tissues dyed with blood now. At last I got a plaster off my flatmate, ran some cold water over the gash and slapped the plaster on before it could start bleeding again but you could still see scarlet thickness oozing out under the plaster. Started getting nightmares about my finger being infected and my whole arm getting gangrene or something so i ran down to the pharmacy where this super nice woman helped me pick out disinfection (i have never EVER had a need for disinfection or plasters in my life!!!) and some really cool steri-strips which are like kinda transparent-ish and just 3mmx75mm in size, really thin. When I opened the pack, i was like "huh, how do i go about putting this over my gash?" So i just kinda wound it diagonally over my finger in order to cover the gash. But all that blood was just so cool...
That's not it. As I was walking back from the pharmacy, I suddenly realize that I forgot my keys AGAIN and had to go all the way down to the office to borrow the extra keys. Aaargh - I hate it when that happens!!!
Then anyway I finally got my laundry done and was ready to put everything in the dryer when i discovered that all the dryers were being used! Well, one of them had stopped tumbling and the clothes were just sitting there waiting to be taken away. I felt like dumping everything out on one of the washing machines and using that dryer, like some people do in the laundry room, but I felt that would be kinda bad for whoever who owns the dryer so I just sat in the laundry room and waited and waited and waited and kept reconsidering if I should just dump his clothes out or not. Finally, just as i was about to give up and head back to my flat when the door opens and this guy comes in and, hooray, those were his clothes! and as he was taking them out, he hit his head on the dryer door and it looks like it really hurt. Poor thing...but I couldn't help thinking, "hah, retribution!"
And as I made my way back out the laundry room door, I discovered it was drizzling outside so I had to wrap my un-tumble-dry-able clothes under my jacket and race back to my flat while hoping that the rain doesn't touch my newly washed clothes or my poor finger.
Anyway, I have made it back safe and sound and with any further mishaps.*whew*
With all that's been happening, I didn't even get to go running today, but that's a probably a good thing. I might have gotten hit by a car or something.
But you know what? In spite of weighing everything that's happening today and coming to the conclusion that all these events probably make today a bad day, it still doesn't feel like a bad day today. I'm still too happy to count today as a bad day. It was just...a day with, erm, a lot of events.
Hmmm, the antiseptic that i bought says it should be stored below 25 degrees. Well, my room's pretty cold with that stupid draft that I still can't figure out is coming from where. But I'm guessing it wouldn't be a good idea to store it here what with all my candles and stuff. The fridge? That's kind of disgusting if you consider the fact that I'm sharing the fridge with six other people, well, four, now that the americans have split. Who wants antiseptic next to their fresh vegetables?
Yesterday I went to this competition at the Budokan Academy and we watched the kata kendo and kendo competitions, which were pretty cool. One of us, Nathan, took part and won, which was cool because it was like his first competition and he was up against a more qualified guy! Everything was just like so "wow". I noticed that while in class, most of the people at Curtin who joined kendo were girls while here it was like an all-guy thing except this one girl. And it was a little freaky because everyone seems pretty strong and fast at the same time. Hmmm, wonder if I'll ever be as good as any of them?
It's that whole Mount Del`A`Kurk thing again...maybe, someday I'll reach the top? Or even just the plateau?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?