<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Saturday, May 29, 2004

Welcome to the place where shopping never stops...a new pair of shoes or a new pair of tombstones...a cigarette under a half-moon or a rainy day in a bottle...so many things, so little time, so what would you like?
Shop Music: Cam'ron "Hey Ma"
What's burning: Dusk Frangipani Candle
Tonight: The moon is still in its first quarter


Fashion of the World
Went for a MASSIVE shopping spree with c today, spent loads, bought loads, stocking up for the winter ahead.

My Shopping List
1) One beige fitted jacket from Cotton On (a winter essential and because I'm sick of wearing all my other jackets all the time)
2) One black spaghetti-strap top from Valley Girl (an end of summer sale and one of the fashion basic essentials every girl should have)
3) One pink long-sleeved top from Just Jeans (yet another winter essential. It was the pink or green one but c and I agreed I looked better in the pink one. I seem to have a lot of pink in my wardrobe this year. Hmmm. Must be my passion for red's turning girly)
4)One pair of black tracksuit pants (comfort wear and a bargain buy)

Went crazy over a pair of red high heels but restrained myself.

One thing I've noticed about Aus girls is that they like pastels and bright colors like pink, lime green, pale green, pale blue, yellow, etc. There's just this clean bright look about them...I don't know how else to put it. And what is it about that white band on the waistline of your pants that i see on girls everywhere? Is that like an Aus trend? Does it come with the pants or can be attached to every pair of pants you have? Where on earth do these girls get those bands? It looks nice, though, but I don't think I'd want to get one of those because a lot of people have that.

The Art of Fighting
Kendo today was way cool. We actually got to pair off against one another. The first guy i was up against, you could see him grinning manically behind his mask at the thought of finally getting to do some real bashing, it was a little scary but in a cool sort of way. And I got in a few hits myself too and that was cool. ;)

A Cure for Sickness
Feeling the early signs of fever or flu coming...I hope I'm not going to fall sick! Especially not now, what with a million and one things to do and the hols coming up too...aaargh...am drinking hot instant chicken soup (the closest thing to home-made chicken soup in the life of an independent student) and some hot raspberry tea. Ate three Vitamin Cs earlier but I doubt if they did any good. The only good Vitamin C has is its great taste. I refuse to take aspirin. I hate aspirin. And all medicine except whiskey and vodka.

N.E.R.D.'s soul energy

At the mo', I'm really into N.E.R.D., the offspring of the Neptunes. I really like their songs and I think what Pharrell Williams says about N.E.R.D. (Nobody Ever Really Dies) is cool. It goes:
"What is a N.E.R.D? N.E.R.D stands for No One Ever Really Dies. The Neptunes are who we are and N.E.R.D is what we do. It's our life. N.E.R.D is just a basic belief, man. People's energies are made of their souls. When you die, that energy may disperse but it isn't destroyed. Energy cannot be destroyed. It can manifest in a different way but even then it's like their souls are going somewhere. If it's going to heaven or hell or even if it's going into a fog or somewhere in the atmosphere to lurk unbeknownst to itself, it's going somewhere." - Pharrell Williams
Picture and quote taken from Yahoo Launch.

The Latest News in The World of Darkschunt
Updated a little in my website - see Darkschunt on the sidebar. I've finally gotten around to putting my paper on Tibet on my site, plus I've started creating what I call a little pocket of Tibet, just to inform people about Tibet and also, of course, create awareness about the current situation in Tibet. FYI, Tibet is fighting for its independence from China and there are a lot of arguments about whether Tibet is a part of China or its own independent country. At the moment, there are a lot of human rights atrocities being committed in Tibet, not least of all the fact that people who want their independence and freedom aren't allowed any of it, let alone the freedom of their own rich and colorful Tibetan culture. So, hop over to my page and check it out. There isn't much at the moment but there are a few pictures, some links to other sites, and there's my paper, which gives a pretty decent basic outline of Tibet's history, its people and their culture. Just click Enter Darkschunt on the sidebar, and step into my world...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?