<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Saturday, May 22, 2004

Spirit Journey On The Bus
Was invited to some informal dinner for the artists at PICA yesterday...was a bit freaked out about going alone, but it was pretty cool. I have learnt the fine art of mingling. Only it needs a bit more practice.
What is it with Perth people who shut up their houses and don't turn on their lights at night? It was so bloody cold and raining and dark as I was walking back to the bus port in the city (the city! you'd think the bloody city would have people in it at night!) and the bus port was so bloody freezing and empty and I was just sitting there and waiting for the bus and hoping that I hadn't missed the last bus and smoking cigarettes to keep myself warm...anyway the bus finally came and the ride home was just like being on a spirit journey that wasn't of this world because it was so dark outside, when we came to the suburbs you really couldn't see a thing outside and it just seemed as if we were going on and on and on to nowhere, like the bus to hell or something, and the bus was pretty much empty except for the driver and some guy and myself and this couple behind me talking in some foreign language. It was a good thing I lived near Cole's, which is all lit up, otherwise I would never figure out where to get off. But it was cool, like creepy bus ride. And then I came home where everything was lit up and my flatmate was playing Bob Dylan and everything just seemed so quiet and peaceful.
After all the beer and wine and cigarettes, I was really lazy to drag myself out of bed for kendo this morning. Plus, it was raining!
But now here we are all safe and sound and sitting pretty in our little room. (oh, did I say we? oh, those are just my multiple personalities, heheheh)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?