<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Friday, April 02, 2004

Woke up at an unearthly 5:20 am today to get my ass down to Faulkner Park (made dirty jokes last night about it being Fucker Park). The cab fare was a crazy fifteen bucks but the cab driver was pretty friendly and he was kind of a war veteran so that was pretty cool. And I don't even get reimbursed for my cab fare the way I would if I was working for NST. Damn student labour.
Faulkner Park was pretty nice. I didn't expect it to look so pretty with ponds and ducks and black swans everywhere, which was cool. The old people from the physiotherapist group were also pretty nice, which was a relief because I had been harboring this secret fear that they might be racist, anti-youth, elderly people who would glare at me and tell me to fuck off and refuse to answer my questions. But they weren't like that at all; the total opposite actually.
Since cabs are so expensive, I took a bus back from Faulkner Park to the city. The bus I had to take from the city back to my place wasn't due in another hour so I went shopping - yes, even in the early morning, Marilyn can find places to shop :). Note to self - MUST stop spending and get a job!!! And then...I lost track of time and missed the next bus so went shopping some more. Did the whole walking around with a coffee cup and newspaper in hand thing. And by that time, most of the stores were open, so i had to tear myself away from the stores so i wouldn't miss the next bus. I love shopping with friends, but sometimes it's nice to go shopping by myself and browse extra long at the shops i like.
God, am I turning into a loner again?
This hot guy was staring at me as I passed him by on the bus. Since he couldn't have been staring at my beautiful face or my McDonald's Breakfast, he must have been jealous of my fluffy pink jacket. *smug smirk* everyone wants my jacket.
Listening to: What If by Kate Winslet
Weather: Entering Autumn
Reading: "The Lost World" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Everytime I pass the rivers on the way to and from the city, they make me think of that part in the Belgariad where Belgarath finally sobered up from his drunken grief over his wife's "death" and then threw himself into the river and swam across it and "washed off a multitude of sins" whole doing so.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?