<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Monday, April 12, 2004

It's the first Monday of Easter break and the flat is completely empty. Everyone else has gone off for Easter. I am enjoying complete peace and quiet with the freedom to turn up my music and my TV as loud as I want to and leave my bedroom door wide open and my chocolates out in the open and sing as loud as I want to without worrying that my other flatmates are sniggering at my off-key voice. The carpark below is conspicuously empty of most cars and I think the laundry house should be pretty empty too but I don't have the change to do my laundry and besides, I'm too lazy anyway.
Went to a barbeque yesterday at Mill Point, by the river. The weather during the past couple of days has been really good, nice and windy, not too cold or too hot, and no glaring sunlight. Clouds are my friends.
The barbeque lasted until the evening, as the sky turned pink and lavender with muted shades of gold over the river, and lights winked on one by one across the city skyline on the other side of the river and you could see car headlights up and down the road.
Went to see a doctor on Thursday at the university but was told to come back after Easter because they were fully booked that day and wouldn't open until after the break. After Easter!!! I might be dead by that time if I was sick.
Chivas in Australia is just as expensive as back home. With the currency rate, actually, even more expensive. No wonder everyone here drinks either beer or wine. Rip-offs. Just like their taxicabs.
Watched The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind the other night. The one word to describe this movie is bittersweet.
Friends are really the most important thing in the world.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?