<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Did anyone check out the full moon last night? It was totally massive. No wonder the wolves are out in full force.
Can't wait for Easter break. The last week before the holidays are always the worst...
Just got mail from Farah...God, I miss you, babe, and your constant flying when you're drunk! You'd better watch out before you seriously injure yourself one of these days!
I was just thinking about this poem today that I once saw written on my school desk and it kind of stuck in my mind because it was soo true. It went something like this (excuse the bad grammar as I repeat it exactly as I rememebr it):
When you love that somebody,
That somebody doesn't love you
When somebody loves you
You don't love that somebody.

Sooo true and sooo tragic!
I think I must have annoyed sooo many shop assistants while searching for my dream pair of red sneakers yesterday. I didn't find my dream pair (sniff) but in the end it was a toss up between Converse and Nike. Finally decided to get the Nike ones (will be heading back to the Nike warehouse on Wednesday). The only bad thing is that these are more of casual wear shoes than sneakers so I won't be able to use them for serious running and basketball. I couldn't find any decent red proper sneakers but I plan to buy these shoes first and get a job and save up money and bid my time until I find my dream pair.
Today is half-price day at Gelares so me, s, and k plan to drive over for dessert. Yum yum, waffles, can't wait. I never really liked eating waffles but the ones at Gelares here aren't so bad.

I am subdued in a pleasant twilight of melancholiness and dreams...
and no, I am not high. Not until I get my shisha anyway.

On the newsfront, Greece is facing a union strike which is hampering their rush to fix up Athens in time for the Olympics because of discontent with the new Democratic party ruling.
Also, President Jacques Chirac is retaining his prime minister but demands a new government after disastrous resuls from France's latest polls.
Riots are rife in Baghdad and USA is declaring Shi'ite cleric Moktadar Sadr an outlaw for leading the uprising of the Mehdi army.
On to showbiz, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are pairing up again, this time in the movie Starsky and Hutch, based on the 1970s cop show...
Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill Volume 2 coming out soon! Can't wait! So square! *wink*
Also can't wait for The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, starring Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey. I'm not a fan of Jim Carrey's slapstick movies but I liked The Truman Show, which was really sweet and Spotless Mind sounds just as good...
Fashionwise....
Did anyone check out Gwyneth Paltrow all pregnant in her greeny-gold dress and blue ballet-like shoes? I'm the last person to admit that I'm a fan of Now I'm one of the biggest criticizers of Gwyneth Paltrow but even I can admit that she does look good there...
and David Beckham has been named Britain's Best-Dressed Man. But I still can't forgive him for causing that shaved-head trend where all the cute guys I knew in school shaved their heads too. A bald head is kind of cute but not when a guy already had a great hairstyle. Whyyyyy...
And on the music scene:
Utada Hikaru's released SINGLE COLLECTION VOL I., a collection of her hits like Automatic and Can You Keep A Secret...
And there's a rumor floating around that Janet Jackson's new album Damita Jo isn't doing so well...
Plus Kelly Osbourne's checked herself into drug rehabilation...
And more news from Tibet:
Anyone interested in working for Tibetan Freedom in Canada might be interested in their 2nd annual SFT Canada Conference from May 7 to 9 at the University of Toronto. More information can be found at Students for a Free Tibet
Also, SFT Week is going on right now, from April 4 to 6, where supporters can raise awareness or funds for Tibet's cause. SFT will be concentrating particularly on Tenzin Delek Rinpoche's cause (see below at Saturday, 20th March for details) this week.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?