<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Mercenary       The Soul          The Fire          Welcome to Darkschunt...      Fire Poppies        Power             The Warrior      The House   The Guardian 
& The Lover                                                                                                                                   & Grief                                       of Justice            of Fire         



Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Moon of Nostalgia.
The moon isn't full anymore. It looks a little like someone took a nibble off it at the top. But tonight was really good - the sky is so full of twinkling stars. So pretty.
I went out to Hartamas today with some friends to drink. Later on, hung out at Joy's house until 'bout three something-ish, yakking. It feels so strange that we're all going overseas so soon, and won't see each other or most of our other friends until the end of this year. We've been waiting so long to get away from home and all that, but now that the moment's finally here, there's been such an odd sensation of nostalgia and bittersweetness going on inside me. I've never realized how much I really loved KL and everything and everyone here until I'm finally going to leave it. Just hanging out with friends and all the fun and crazy things that we always end up doing. Then there's the feeling that things might never be the same again once I leave. But I guess that this is all part of that growing up and growing further apart thing that everyone always ends up going through. And no matter what happens, well, my friends will always be my friends. :) *Hugs, guys*
Today, as I was driving through all the old familiar streets/looked at all the city lights and highway bridges/turned onto my road/stopped the car outside the house/rest my arms upon the steering wheel/looked at all the stars in the night sky/a certain sense of nostalgia/evelopes me/the turning wheel of fate and destiny.
As I was letting myself into my house tonight, I noticed my next door neighbor on a chaise lounge outside his house, reading a book under the porch lamp. What was he doing - getting a moon tan? He's another night creature. Never goes to bed before at least four or five in the morning. His kids are so used to staying up late that when his daughter (who's about eight or nine or so) was given this question on her Moral Studies test that went something like: "Is staying up late at night good or bad?" she answered "Of course it's good." Needless to say, she lost marks for that answer. Tests. Bah. What do they know???

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?